cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

STCAPP configuration renewing device name (MAC)

I have FXS ports configured with STCAPP so the ports registers with CME and use SCCP features, but the device name, used as the MAC address to register the port on ephone, changes when the router resets and the ports are unregistered.  Is there a way so the device name used as the MAC, always be the same??

Thanks,

Juan Carlos Arias

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Make sure you bind it to a specific, real LAN interface - it should always use that MAC address then:

sccp ccm group 1 bind interface FastEthernet0/0

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Make sure you bind it to a specific, real LAN interface - it should always use that MAC address then:

sccp ccm group 1 bind interface FastEthernet0/0

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron, thanks for your answer, I review that configuration and I have to make it right, thanks for your time.

Regards,
Juan Carlos Arias

Aaron, I made some changes last night but I have a issue to solve, is a router UC520 which actually is configured stcapp with interface BVI

sccp ccm group 22
bind interface BVI10

but as you now, UC520 has only one physical interface which is configured to Internet connection, all others interfaces are virtual and don't have an IP address assign it, I tried with interface VLAN too, what do you recommend??  Configure a sub-interface with internal address?

Regards,

Juan Carlos Arias

Hi there

If you are binding to a BVI, the default is that it will generate a MAC address at startup.

Try:

Conf t

Int bvi10

Mac-add 0000.0c43.4343

Then do:

Show int bvi10 | i address

See if that MAC address then stays the same after a reboot

Regards

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: