Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Store CDR into a cucm 7.1

Hi,

In mi company, we have 2 cucm, one 4.1 and one 7.1, and we have a billing server as well.

The billing server retrieves the CDR and CMR directly from the cucm 4.1 but the 7.1 sends the CDR to another machine a windows PC, and then the billing server application retrieves the files from that machine, now my question is

Its possible to remove that intermediate machine and have the cdr´s and cmr´s stored in the 7.1 machine?, im going to propose to have the files sent straigth to the billing server, but i want to know if its possible to store that in the 7.1 and what would be the path in case i want to retrieve them from the billing server

Thanks in advance

Cesar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cesar,

With CUCM 7.1, there is a local copy of CDRs available. If you use the CAR application on 7.1 and you have everything configured correctly, you can access various reports via CAR. You can also access raw CDRs. The CAR application is severely limited and the canned reports aren't what one would call robust. Though, it is a free application. I have used CAR to pull detail reports and it can be handy. In general, we (NetCraftsmen) think of CAR as a corroboration tool.

In addition to CAR, you can setup an external billing server. If your current CDR server can accept FTP or SFTP connections, then you can push CDRs from the 7.1 CUCM cluster directly to that server. No need to involve a middleman. I assume you already know this since you have successfully setup CDR push to the middleman in the first place. It is probably worth noting that in the even the CUCM 7.1 system loses connection to the CDR billing server, the cluster will cache the CDRs. I do not recall the constraints (time/size) on what is cached. We have had customers roll back CDRs over a week old.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cesar,

With CUCM 7.1, there is a local copy of CDRs available. If you use the CAR application on 7.1 and you have everything configured correctly, you can access various reports via CAR. You can also access raw CDRs. The CAR application is severely limited and the canned reports aren't what one would call robust. Though, it is a free application. I have used CAR to pull detail reports and it can be handy. In general, we (NetCraftsmen) think of CAR as a corroboration tool.

In addition to CAR, you can setup an external billing server. If your current CDR server can accept FTP or SFTP connections, then you can push CDRs from the 7.1 CUCM cluster directly to that server. No need to involve a middleman. I assume you already know this since you have successfully setup CDR push to the middleman in the first place. It is probably worth noting that in the even the CUCM 7.1 system loses connection to the CDR billing server, the cluster will cache the CDRs. I do not recall the constraints (time/size) on what is cached. We have had customers roll back CDRs over a week old.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Bill first at all thanks for your quick response.

The thing is that I just arrived to the company, is a big company, actually 2 big companies that merged, there is not enough documentaion and in a few words, this is a real mess and is part of my job made everything a little easier, so at this time im not very sure how ererything is working.

On top of that i dont have a lot experience on this world, so im facing a big challege here, nice one, but big.

The information i have is that we have already installed this billing server. is a windows based one and is configured to retrieve data, not have it sent to it,

i need to find out if its possible to have the data sent to a directory to the billing server, and have the bill it server retrieving it localy

If thats not possible for any reason i was trying to find out if would be possuble to retrieve the CDR straight from the cucm, even they are on different platforms

thanks again

Cesar

The best way to go with this is to work this our once you've sent this to a billing server and not from CUCM.

CUCM is not meant to be a storage server, the CAR DB has a fixed size and there are also watermarks on the CAR DB about when to purge the info after it's X days/months old.

Once it's purged from CUCM there's no way to get it back.

If you send the info to a billing server you can keep for it as long as you need/want without worrying about being deleted.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

One last thing about this,

If i understood rigth, every node generates its own CDR´s (publisher and subscribers) and then, depends of the configuration they are put all together, and after that sent to the billing server, but the question is every node geterates CDR, not just the publisher rigth?

Yes, that's correct. Each node generates the CDR/CMR info of registered devices.

That's why you enable CDR per node.

If the PUB doesn't have devices registered to it but has CDR enabled you won't get nothing from it, if it's configured as a failover server it will only produce CDR data when a device registers to it.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate