cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Subtree search with Custom LDAP Filter in Unity Connection

drummachine24
Level 1
Level 1

I just have a simple question. When you set up an LDAP Directory in Unity Connection to import users from, is UC, by default, set to do a Subtree search (meaning it will look for users in the base search DN and all underlying OU's)?

Thank you for any answers provided                  

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes it will.

HTH,

Chris

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joshua,

Please refer to the design guide for the same which states the following:

The user search base that the configuration will access.

A user search base is the position in the LDAP directory tree where  Connection begins its search for user accounts. Connection imports all  users in the tree or subtree (domain or OU) specified by the search  base. A Connection server or cluster can only import LDAP data from  subtrees with the same directory root, for example, from the same Active  Directory forest.

For more details, refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/design/guide/8xcucdg040.html#wp1068361

HTH.

--
Regards,
Harmit.

Thank you for the responses!  I figured as much, but wanted to make sure.  I guess my second question regarding this is the limitation on how many LDAP Directories can be created for searching.  I can successfully configure 5, but if I atttempt to add a 6th, I get an error saying that there were too many directories.  So is UC limited to only allowing 5 direectories getting configured for LDAP?

5 directories, but only one authentication integration. otherwise use ADAM/LDS.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Hi Joshua,

Yes, 5 is the max ldap directories you can add. If you refer to the same link I provided, you will see it's documented there.

HTH.

--
Regards,
Harmit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: