Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervise transfer in CUC 8.6 not working

mateusz.paczek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have CUCM 8.6 integrated via SCCP with CUC 8.6.

I'm working with audiotext application and have problem with Supervise Transfer.

I have Opening Greetings with Transfer Rules pointing to certain hunt groups or extensions in CUCM.

e.g Press 3 to connect to Sales Dpt (extension 2003). I want caller to put on hold when extension 2003 is busy.

DN 2003 has busy trigger set to 1. And when 2003 is busy and I want to transfer another call through AA to 2003 instead of putting caller on hold he hears "sorry 2003 is unavailable, record your message after the tone..."

Surely in Sales Dpt System Call Handler I choose Supervise Transfer and choose "Put Callers on Hold Without Asking" when Extension is Busy.

Any ideas where the problem lies?

regards

Mat

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mat,

Have a look at the Transfer Rules for 2003 instead of the Call Handler. Here is one where

Press 9 from a Call Handler is set to route to Bob Uncle @ 5126. I also had to turn off any

Forward Busy settings on the DN 5126. When 5126 is busy the calls do receive the Hold

options;

Rule Name

Status
:

Date
Time

Transfer Action
Transfer Calls To:

Call Screening

It doesn't paste completely, in the Box beside Extension 5126 is entered

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

Hi Rob.

Thank you for your answer. I followed your advise (Supervise Transfer on Transfer Rules for 2003) and turn off Forward Busy settings for this DN in CUCM. It works, but now I lost possibility to divert other users to mailbox if they call 2003 and he is busy am I right? And what if I want to send a call to extension that is not in my Unity Connection or to e.g hunt pilot?

One more question - Is it possible to use busy greeting for that extension and/or call handler. I tried to record my own message - sth like - all lines are busy now, please wait...it worked but it played once and then I was asked to leave a message...

Regards.

Mat

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mat,

You are most welcome my friend

When this is set up, you do lose the ability to have other Internal callers

route to voicemail when the user is busy as only calls that route via an AA/Call handler

are given this treatment. Sadly, this is one of the "side effects" of having to turn off

Forward Busy Internal You don't have to turn off Forward Busy External so outside callers

can still be routed to voicemail.

You can send calls to Hunt Pilots and numbers that are not configured in Unity Connection

but you will not be able to set up any type of Holding/Queuing function on these.

The use of a Busy greeting will not have any effect on the Holding function as it will only

be played once after the offer to hold prompts are employed.

Cheers!

Rob

If you are trying to offer a type of call queuing for callers by using Unity Connection

it's not really built for that type of usage. This is where UCCX comes into play.

Everything is clear for me right now.

One more question - is there any possibility to change this internal recording of this nice lady when

"Put Callers on Hold Without Asking" option is turned on? It's not proffesional if you have all customized recordings and someone different talking that you are on hold. I suppose there in no chance to change it but could you confirm that?

Regards

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mat,

Good stuff

Sorry, you cannot change these spoken prompts from the lovely Leslie.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: