Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisor Desktop 8.5 on Windows 8.1

jcrgraham
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've just run into a curious incident.  Up until a couple of days ago Supervisor 8.5 was working fine on Windows 8.1.  Then I had a report that a user could see only the agents and not the Team Summary.  When I went to test on some other machines I found I could get the Team Summary....but no agents showed up.  I've tried under a couple of different usernames with no luck.  I tried running it in compatibility mode of Windows 7 and Vista -- but when I do that no information shows up.

I appreciate that Supervisor 8.5 isn't officially supported -- but it was working well as long as you installed it using Previous Version of Windows compatibility mode.

I haven't put any updates on either of these machines which is what is really confusing me.

Cheers,

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Same thing applies - just look for NAT/security issues that prevent unsolicited comms from the servers to the clients.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It's usually a client firewall or security app issue. Disable the firewall (including Windwos firewall) or add exceptions for the supervisor.exe and disable any AV/security apps temporarily while you test.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron,

We just discovered that our Supervisor desktop on Windows 7 was having the same issue -- and found it is only when we are on the company's wireless network.

I'm tracking down with the network team any changes that might have been made.

James

Same thing applies - just look for NAT/security issues that prevent unsolicited comms from the servers to the clients.

We removed the NATing from our wireless and it worked perfectly.  Thanks for point me in that direction!

Glad it helped :-)

Aaron