cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supported Fax over IP software

joel
Level 1
Level 1

what are the best FoIP software supported for Cisco CallManager/ Unity environments.

I see that Cisco sells Right Fax and I have heard of XMedius Fax.

I have mixed MGCP / H323 gateways. I am looking for a Boardless Fax solution.

thanks in adv,

:JoeL

6 Replies 6

Since H323, MGCP, and SIP are all standards based protocols you do not need to worry about support (in theory).

You will want to look up various T38 based servers, and then choose between the SIP and H323 based solutions.

hth,

nick

We have been using Xmedius for a couple years now with VoIP and have not experience any issues.

loganseth
Level 1
Level 1

Joel - did you make a decision, yet?

We have mixed MGCP/H323 gates, as well, and recently decided on XMEDIUS. I had it installed and configured within hours of owning it, ran through the basic setup, and then have worked with their technical support on a couple of detailed problems and they have proven to be excellent, or at the very least, determined - of which the latter I value tremendously.

If you'd like to know more, just email me or reply to this post.

On this note there is also a Xmedius fax server available on an NM. I believe it is called the AXP module.

Here's a cisco link on it:

http://blogs.cisco.com/virtualworlds/comments/axp_second_life_techchat

hth,

nick

thanks guys..

we use rightfax right now but it is not integrated with cisco and is with a dialogic card..

i've installed XMedius in the past and these are the two I've heard...just wanted to make sure if there are any other products out there that are really comparable..

thanks

:JoeL

dude, ditch the rightfax and fully integrate with xmedius, man! one of the things, to me, is the removal of a fax board entirely!

since my last post i've really gotten into the product and the native t38 software makes so much more sense then depending on 3rd party drivers in the 3rd party board, which inevitably leads to finger pointing, etc.

also, we fully integrate with Active Directory to management, in and out, is controlled through various configurations in the user setup so all of the setup tasks can be offloaded (front ended) to the server group, etc.

Sweetness, man.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: