cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Swiching out our VG248's with VG310's

andrewmeinolf
Level 1
Level 1

Running CUCM 9.12 and wondering how to add the new VG310 in. Does the Voice ports need to be configered on the Gateway first before adding it to CUCM?

30 Replies 30

Just wanted to know what will be the MAC of the new gateway? I can find it using "sh stcapp device summary" but is there any other way to find the MAC if the SCCP is bind to the loopback interface?

I am wondering if you can help me or suggests  something---

I am running call manager 9 and first time  trying to configure VG310 voice gateway. When I go to Devices-->Gateways-->Add New, I don't see VG310 model under Gateway Type as an option!!!! What do I need to do? I have configured lot of 204 and 204xm till now.

How can I add VG310 model as an available gateway in CCM? Thanks

Hi Gary,

If I remember right you need to be 9.1(2)SU 2 or have a specific device pack loaded to see the new VG's.

I can check my notes on Monday and let you know.

Thanks a lot Andrew...but I think you are right.

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

Their really is no difference in setting them up on a VG310 then on a VG2xx.. 

My normal approach is 

1. Cli config, make sure to create your dial-peers

2. stcapp and sccp

3. Do CuCM work

From the CUCM side...

1. Config port

2. Save + Apply

3. Reset 

Confirm what you have

show stcapp device summary

Can you explain to me where I can find my current dial peers on the old VG248s. Sccp is what we are using what is stcapp?

Stcapp = SCCP Controlled Analog Port

You can find your previous dial-peers by logging into your VG248 and running SHOW RUN . They will be towards the bottom. Best bet is to copy them out and look at them in Notepad or something similar. 

This guide helps a bit with FXS from the gateway side. 

What guide I didn't see a link in your reply. I attached my config of are old VG248s.

andrewmeinolf
Level 1
Level 1

On our old VG248's we have some ports set to Call Supervision Method of (Drop loop Current). I am trying to see where I can configure that on a voice port on the new VG310s.

Have you gotten the ports configured yet or to show up as registered correctly on your cluster or and on your gateway ? 

You know where to check on the cluster so on the gwy show stcapp device summary.. 

Does that show everything good? 

andrewmeinolf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Andrew, I have my VG310s all configured thanks to all the good postd but now I have a weird issue. Using any phone calling another Analog phone on a VG310 when the caller hangs up we hear a split second dial tone bleep on the analog phone. On our VG248s any phone calling another Analog phone when the caller hangs up we don't hear that sound on the Analog phone. Any ideas?

Hi Andrew, 

Do you have PLAR (private line automatic ringdown) configured on any of your voice ports on the analog gateway because that is what that symptom sounds like initially. An easy way to tell is does your phone dial as soon as you go off hook or pick up the handset? 

To confirm it via settings...(commands dont have to be in caps I just type them way so they stand out)

1. Log into the VG310 and do a SHOW RUN the look for the voice ports section 

2. Specifically you are looking for something like CONNECTION PLAR 

Another way to do it would be

1. SHOW RUN | B CONNECTION PLAR (this will begin your show run output at the first reference matching CONNECTION PLAR 

or 

2. SHOW RUN | I CONNECTION PLAR (this will list all the references to it)

I ran that it doesn't seem to find any reference to that. Ran it and nothing showed up.

vg31-01#show run | b connection plar
vg31-01#show run | i connection plar

'no tone dialtone remote-onhook' I added to the dial-peers for the paging system and I also added 'tone busytone remote-onhook' for the rest of the non pager phones.

Here is an easy way to rule out PLAR.

When you plug an analog set into one of your analog jacks does it automatically call something when you pick up the handset?