cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sync UC Administrator Accounts with Active Directory?

the Q
Level 1
Level 1

I have quite a few UC v10.5 and v11.5  machines, including CUCM, CER, UCCX, Unity, IMP, etc. and more than a dozen clusters.  We'd like to set the admins up with their own usernames, so when they leave we can shut them off and they won't have access anymore.  But this means 15 admins on 200 machines.

Obviously, UC machines can sync end users, but what about administrators? 

Can I create the admins in Active Directory and sync them to all these machines?

Do I just add the extra permissions to an end user? 

If I can't sync these admins with LDAP, is there some CLI script to create and eventually delete GUI admins?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The LDAP sync doesn't sync any privileges from LDAP, whatever privileges the end users have in each system, are configured in each system.

If you want an end user to be a CUCM admin in a cluster, you need to give him that role, for that cluster.

No CLI, best you could do look into is AXL. CLI only works for platform users.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The LDAP sync doesn't sync any privileges from LDAP, whatever privileges the end users have in each system, are configured in each system.

If you want an end user to be a CUCM admin in a cluster, you need to give him that role, for that cluster.

No CLI, best you could do look into is AXL. CLI only works for platform users.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You are awesome Jamie!  Thanks for that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: