Views
Helpful
Replies

System Call Handler to Voicemail

Moaazahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All!

I have a sales System call handler set up with the 9987 extension and in transfer rules i am transferring over to a Hunt Pilot (2234) with a bunch of sales DN's.

I am trying to forward the call to a voicemal box if no one picks up, however this is not working. Unity cannot create a voicemail box for the hunt pilot due to the error stating "A User with the specified extension already exists in the Partition" (i guess because the system call handler is pointing to the hunt pilot therefore it doesn't let you create a VM?) if it would allow it i can point the hunt pilot to our voicemail pilot and create a vm box for the pilot, it would work no problem. System Call handler is causing an error due to the DN being used twice.. 

Does anyone know how I can forward the system Call Handler to voicemail if no one in the Hunt Pilot picks up? I do have voicemail to email setup therefore it can be any voicemail box because the sales guys would receive the audio in an email. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I think I would try setting up a Forwarding Routing Rule in Unity Connection that stipulates > if a call with the CLID of 9987 arrives @CUC via call forward, route to your designated mailbox (this can be any new or existing mailbox of your choice.. Because CUC should carry the CLID of 9987 throughout the duration of routing via the Hunt (2234) etc. this should allow you to direct the unanswered call to whatever mailbox you desire and will not affect the original call Handler @ 9987 as they are direct calls.

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you for your help, so after doing further testing it looks like the system call handler was already routing to a voicemail box 2376. I am trying to locate in the configuration where/how it is routing to 2376 but cannot find anything. Have checked the CTI RP's, forward unanswered and full configuration of system call handler.

Any clue where to look? (the HP is 2234 and voicemail box is 2376, i have the huntpilot pointing to VM Pilot for forward unanswered and somehow its routing to 2376 vm? - no alternate extensions configured either)

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I would look at the Forwarded Routing Rules in Unity Connection to see if there is a rule set up in reference to 2234>2376.

Cheers!

Rob