Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPI Capacity - Maximum Simultaneos Calls by TSP instance

Hello,

I working in a project to integrate a cucm cluster with an Altitude dialer, The dialer is working and we use a Windows 2012 and TSP server 10.5(1.4).

Agents will use proper cisco hardphones (7821 and some 8945 SIP phones) registred on cucm.

I would be very grateful if some one could help, I need to know how many simultaneous connection a TAPI Server can support.

Becouse I was think to associate all phones to only one application user, and use this same application user on two TSP Server to get High Availability between Altitude environment and cucm cluster.

Is it possible?  I attached the topology.

Thanks a lot for your help

Wagner Fernandes

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Wagner,

As per the following link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/sizing.html#90730

OVA Template
Maximum CTI Resources per Virtual Machine

1,000 Users

2,500 Users

7,500 Users

5,000 or 7,5002

10,000 Users

2.7,500 CTI resources supported with Unified CM 10.5 and later releases; 5,000 CTI resources supported with Unified CM releases prior to 10.5.

In addition to the maximum number of connections and devices, CTI limits are also influenced by:

• The number of lines on each of the controlled devices (up to 5 lines per controlled device)
  • The number of shared occurrences of a line controlled by CTI (up to 5 per line)
  • The number of active CTI applications (up to 5 for any device)
  • A maximum of 6 BHCA per controlled device

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Just to add, the above table lists the maximum number of CTI resources supported for each Unified CM OVA template. These maximum values apply to the following types of CTI resources:

• The maximum number of CTI controlled and/or monitored endpoints that can be registered to a Unified CM subscriber node.
  • The maximum number of endpoints that a Unified CM subscriber node running the CTI Manager service can monitor or control.
  • The maximum number of TAPI/JTAPI application instances that can connect to a Unified CM subscriber node running the CTI Manager service. The TAPI/JTAPI application instances that can connect to a Unified CM subscriber node running the CTI Manager service are sometimes referred as CTI connections.

Hello Manish, How are you?

First thanks for your help!

I read this doc and I using OVA to 7500 template, I find the CTI factors, I will use only one Line by each device.

But I still have a doubt, is these numbers the final scène of cluster??

Because there is another documetation about TAPI instalation  that says : there a limitation on each TAPI of 255/simultâneos automated calls, this is a limitation of Cisco or legacy wave drivers, 

https://developer.cisco.com/site/tapi/documentation/index.gsp    

(TAPI Developer Guide) on chapter 4   (page 133)  say that TAPI Server can control only 255 simultaneus calls, it´s a limitation of Cisco Wave Driver

"... Automated Calls -->  

The number of Cisco Wave devices determines the number of
automated voice lines. (The default value is 5.) The application
can open as many CTI ports as the number of Cisco Wave devices
that are configured. For example, if you enter "5," you need to
create five CTI port devices in Cisco Unified Communications
Manager. If you change this number, you need to remove and
then reinstall any Cisco Wave devices which were installed.
A maximum of 255 Wave devices for all installed TSP instances
can be configured. The Wave device limit is specific to Microsoft
TAPI which limits the number of Wave devices per Wave driver
to 255. 
The Cisco Media Driver does not have this limitation.
When you configure 256 or more Wave devices (including Cisco
or other Wave devices), Windows displaysthe following message
when you access the Sounds and Multimedia control panel: "An
Error occurred while Windows was working with the Control
Panel file C:\Winnt\System32\MMSYS.CPL."
The current number of possible automated voice lines designates
the maximum number of lines that can be simultaneously opened
by using both LINEMEDIAMODE_AUTOMATEDVOICE and
LINEMEDIAMODE_INTERACTIVEVOICE.
If you are not developing a third-party call control application,
check the Enumerate only lines that support automated voice
check box,so the Cisco TSPdetects only linesthat are associated
with a CTI port device..."

Please what do you think about?

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: