cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tech TIP: How to block unwanted Display IE in incoming ISDN CONNECT messages from being displayed on IP phone

deepaul
Level 1
Level 1

With Callmanager 4.0,when outbound ISDN calls are made from IP phone and the  Connected Party presentation is set to 'Restricted' on the route pattern ,the  phone displays ‘To Private’ in connected state.To get a blank display without  the 'To private' display, you need to set the Connected party presentation to  'Allowed' and block the display IE in the incoming ISDN connect message.

Inorder to block the Display IE in incoming ISDN CONNECT messages from  being displayed on IP phone, enter  'IgnoreDisplayIEinConnect' in the  Description field of the PRI Gateway Configuration page.This should block  Display IE in the incoming CONNECT message. However, it will not block Display  IE from other messages, such as CALL_PROC and ALERTING:

2 Replies 2

jballari
Level 1
Level 1

Nice tip although I wonder if the "Discussions" section is the best place to post this? When I first saw the title, I thought this was a question rather than a configuration tip...Just wondering if we have a better place on this community for these "wisdom bits".

Cheers,

Jose

I've added "TIP" to the title of the thread so that will help folks understand it is a tip rather than a question. As a rule, I don't modify others' postings but I think this will be beneficial, it isn't changing any information, and I am being transparent in my actions by letting everyone know that I'm modifying it.

Laura Douglas

Collaboration Community Manager.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: