Helpful
Replies

Telefonverzeichnis CUCM 11.5 - german/english

reinhardkiss
Level 1
Level 1

GERMAN:

Hallo,

wie kann ich ein Telefonverzeichnis erstellen, dass alle DNs umfasst und für alle User verfügbar ist. Wir haben zwar das Unternehmensverzeichnis ( LDAP Anbindung an AD ), hier hat jedoch jeder User nur eine DN. Nun haben gleiche User mehrere DNs ( Desktop-Phone, IP Phone, Jabber auf iPhone, Jabber auf iPad usw.)

Wie kann ich das abbilden ?

Danke für alle Antworten, Ratschläge und Hilfestellungen.

Reinhard

ENGLISH:

How can I create a phone directory that includes all DNs and is available to all users. Although we have the company directory (LDAP connection to AD), here, however, each user has only one DN. Now same users have several DNs (Desktop Phone, IP Phone, Jabber on iPhone, Jabber on iPad etc.)

How can I map this?

Thanks for all answers, advice and help.

Reinhard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reinhard,

This is an interesting question....because most customer don't want multiple numbers for their users, they want one number.

My question for you is why you need separate numbers?  In a typical deployment, the Deskphone (including IP Phones) and Jabber client (on all platforms) will share a single number (and a single URI).  And if you are looking to include a mobile phone's number on the directory for a user, often times that is not exposed since customers will Single Number Reach to ring a mobile device at the same time that the enterprise number is ringing.

But if you want to expose more number choices to your users through a directory lookup, then you will need to create your own directory lookup phone service.  Information about custom directory services and sample web services code can be found on Cisco's Developer's Network (DevNet).

Thanks,

Dan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reinhard,

This is an interesting question....because most customer don't want multiple numbers for their users, they want one number.

My question for you is why you need separate numbers?  In a typical deployment, the Deskphone (including IP Phones) and Jabber client (on all platforms) will share a single number (and a single URI).  And if you are looking to include a mobile phone's number on the directory for a user, often times that is not exposed since customers will Single Number Reach to ring a mobile device at the same time that the enterprise number is ringing.

But if you want to expose more number choices to your users through a directory lookup, then you will need to create your own directory lookup phone service.  Information about custom directory services and sample web services code can be found on Cisco's Developer's Network (DevNet).

Thanks,

Dan

Hello Daniel,

our customer don't want devices ring simultaneously. single number reach is basically a very good idea, but sometimes it is driving people crazy ( we had it with iPhone - when iMac, iPad and iPhone ring at the same time ).

I have no idea how to program a custom directory, so the best way would be a separat AD user for the mobile device.

I like to thank you for your answer.

Reinhard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: