cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Testing CUCM upgrade offline

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

Have a CUCM cluster, publisher with subscriber. I was hoping to test out an upgrade from 11.5 to 12.5 by cloning publisher and upgrading offline. Upgrade completes fine but after database seems stuck in initializing, and I'm unable to add/remove devices.

In this scenario I've upgraded the publisher only, it cannot communicate to subscribers or IM and presence. Is the Publisher stuck in initialing until it can communicate to other servers in cluster?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, until the entire cluster is upgraded to the same version you would not get the database replication to an operational state.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Yes, until the entire cluster is upgraded to the same version you would not get the database replication to an operational state.

Response Signature

Thanks, makes sense, I don't have the ability to recreate the entire cluster in a lab environment so this is as far as I can take a test upgrade.

As @roger mentioned, You need to upgrade the entire cluster.

Use PCD for easy upgrades and migrations.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: