cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time of day routing using unity

chandra_velaga
Level 1
Level 1

Can any one give detailed steps to route the call duringdifferent times using unity.

1, 7am to  7pm call should ring + 1321-XXX-1234

2. 7Pm to 2 am call should be forwarded to +1234-XXX-1234

3  2am to 7am call should be forwarded to  +1345-XXX-1234

Users will call single number  111-1111-1111  which is CTI route point and forwarded to Unity. I want to achieve this using unity, so that  I can play some promts as well.

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will need to setup three different call handlers and apply three different schedules do it.  At the end of each call handler, it should transfer to those numbers then.

Thank you Catlin,

We will have to first add a new call routing statement with DNIS of the called number . In the " send call to "  option which call handler should we select  . How does unity know that all 3 call handlers belongs to one big schedule.

This is where, Iam not sure how to connect the configuation together. I knew, it required 3 call handlers.

It will be great, if you could share the steps and logic.

Regards

Chandra

Chandra,

Are you using CUCM?  If so, what version?  If you had two schedules (i.e., what would essentially be an open and closed timeframe) then this would be straightforward in Unity.  However, with multiple timezones and a single DN then it may be better to consider using ToD routing mechanisms within CUCM to accomplish this.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: