cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time Period/Schedules Not Working As Expected.

Sue Fallon
Level 1
Level 1

Hunt Group 4212

Containing 3 DN's 

4701, 4702 & 4703

3 Time Periods

1. OPEN TP (9 - 16:00)

2. Closed 1_TP (16:00 - 24:00)

3 Closed 2_TP (00:00 - 9)

2 Time Schedules

1. Open_TS

2. Closed_TS

2 Partitions

1. Open_PT

2 Closed_PT

I have set up 2 DN for the hunt group

1. 4212 with the Open_PT

2. 4212 with the Closed_PT

In the DN settings for 4212 Closed_PT, I have set a forward all to a mobile number

Having tested this, it does not work.

I have added extra DN's for each ext within the hunt group set to Open_PT and Close_PT but that does not work either.

What am I missing here??

Tried using CSS's as well and assigning the CSS to the DN but that does not work either! 

Anyone got any ideas why this won't work?

Thanks

S

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

Sue,

I don't do CUCM-based time-of-day routing very often and when I do, I always have to dig out my documentation because there are a few pieces required. It's a pain to get working but seems to work well when it does work. Most of the time, I use voice mail for the time-of-day routing since it's so much easier to implement.

You did most of the work already: Create the time periods (I also add holiday time periods; has to be manually updated annually), create the time schedule, add the time periods to the time schedule, create the partition, assign the time schedule to the partition. I only use 1 partition for the closed time schedule. During the times when the time periods aren't used, it's considered open and it rings the hunt group normally. After hours, calls go to another group (or 9 plus cell phone number, voice mail pilot, etc.).

The first time I did this, I had to mess with this for quite a while to get it working. I don't know if this is the correct way of doing this but that's what I did and it works every time.

What I had to do after creating all the stuff above, is create a translation pattern with the hunt group pilot number (4212). I created the translation pattern in the partition with the closed schedule (Closed_PT). In the translation pattern, I assigned a CSS. The CSS I used was one that has the Closed_PT near the top of the partition list. In the Called Party Transformations section, I placed the after hours number in the Called Party Transform Mask field. In the Called Party Number Type and Plan, I left those as Cisco Call Manager. In the Calling Party Transformations section above, I set the Calling Line ID Presentation and Calling Name Presentation fields to Default. Calling Party Number Type and Calling Party Numbering Plan are both set to Cisco CallManager.

Once you have the translation pattern set, Closed_PT has to be added to your inbound gateway CSS. It needs to be placed higher in the order of the partitions so it's looked at first on inbound calls. When the hunt group pilot number is called, it matches the translation pattern in the closed partition and looks at the time schedule. If the matches one of the times in the schedule, the call is routed to the after hours number you put in the Called Party Transform Mask field. If it's outside the time schedule hours, the call looks for the number in the next partition in the list. If it finds a match, the call is routed to the hunt group as normal.

This takes care of outside calls to the hunt group. To get this working internally as well, you have to add this partition to your internal CSS. It has to be added higher in the partition list so it's checked before the "normal" internal routing partitions. In my configuration, I would add this partition to the line CSS rather than the base phone CSS. We have many base phone CSSs and just a handful of line CSSs. It's much easier to maintain (at least for my configuration).

This approach only requires a closed partition and time periods/schedules for the closed hours; there are no open partition or time periods/schedules required. It keeps things much simpler or at least as simple as this complicated method can be.

I know this sounds a bit complicated but you have most of the configuration already built. Try adding the translation pattern and adding the Closed_PT partition to your internal and external CSSs.

Bill

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried with DNA?

Does it says it should work as per your config.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Test 3

• HG with Internal PT
  • Dir Number 4212 with Open PT
  • Dir Number 4212 with Closed PT

4701, 4702 & 4703

• Internal PT
  • In HG

Results

1. Dialling from a number not in the HG – does not work
    2. Dialling from a number IN the HG – does Not work
    3. Logging each phone out of HG – does not work. HG number is not accessible (broken dial tone)

1. I have checked the DNA results from the test above and can't really see anything that would highlight an issue.

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

Sue,

I don't do CUCM-based time-of-day routing very often and when I do, I always have to dig out my documentation because there are a few pieces required. It's a pain to get working but seems to work well when it does work. Most of the time, I use voice mail for the time-of-day routing since it's so much easier to implement.

You did most of the work already: Create the time periods (I also add holiday time periods; has to be manually updated annually), create the time schedule, add the time periods to the time schedule, create the partition, assign the time schedule to the partition. I only use 1 partition for the closed time schedule. During the times when the time periods aren't used, it's considered open and it rings the hunt group normally. After hours, calls go to another group (or 9 plus cell phone number, voice mail pilot, etc.).

The first time I did this, I had to mess with this for quite a while to get it working. I don't know if this is the correct way of doing this but that's what I did and it works every time.

What I had to do after creating all the stuff above, is create a translation pattern with the hunt group pilot number (4212). I created the translation pattern in the partition with the closed schedule (Closed_PT). In the translation pattern, I assigned a CSS. The CSS I used was one that has the Closed_PT near the top of the partition list. In the Called Party Transformations section, I placed the after hours number in the Called Party Transform Mask field. In the Called Party Number Type and Plan, I left those as Cisco Call Manager. In the Calling Party Transformations section above, I set the Calling Line ID Presentation and Calling Name Presentation fields to Default. Calling Party Number Type and Calling Party Numbering Plan are both set to Cisco CallManager.

Once you have the translation pattern set, Closed_PT has to be added to your inbound gateway CSS. It needs to be placed higher in the order of the partitions so it's looked at first on inbound calls. When the hunt group pilot number is called, it matches the translation pattern in the closed partition and looks at the time schedule. If the matches one of the times in the schedule, the call is routed to the after hours number you put in the Called Party Transform Mask field. If it's outside the time schedule hours, the call looks for the number in the next partition in the list. If it finds a match, the call is routed to the hunt group as normal.

This takes care of outside calls to the hunt group. To get this working internally as well, you have to add this partition to your internal CSS. It has to be added higher in the partition list so it's checked before the "normal" internal routing partitions. In my configuration, I would add this partition to the line CSS rather than the base phone CSS. We have many base phone CSSs and just a handful of line CSSs. It's much easier to maintain (at least for my configuration).

This approach only requires a closed partition and time periods/schedules for the closed hours; there are no open partition or time periods/schedules required. It keeps things much simpler or at least as simple as this complicated method can be.

I know this sounds a bit complicated but you have most of the configuration already built. Try adding the translation pattern and adding the Closed_PT partition to your internal and external CSSs.

Bill

Thank you so much Bill.

I had to do a wee bit of fiddling with the CSS's as we have 3 for each campus but having tested calls to the HG from each campus, the time period is kicking in now and is working well.

Cheers

Sue

Yes, it takes a bit of fiddling with CSSs which is what I found as well but once you have it right, it just works.

You're quite welcome. I'm glad that worked out for you.

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: