Views
Helpful
Replies

Tour of the Real-Time Monitoring Tool - AMA Forum

Cisco Moderador
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tour of the Real-Time Monitoring Tool- Forum

Have any questions about the Real-Time Monitoring Tool?

What is the Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) and how do I use it? In addition to an overview of the components of the tool and the interface, attendees will learn how to use it to gather log and trace files in Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity Connection (CUC), and Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX), how to view resources in real time, view standard alerts and generate custom alerts, and a whole lot more.

Join us to exchange experiences, as well as the best practices to troubleshoot its common issues!

Ask questions from Tuesday, April 20  to Friday, April 30, 2021

Featured Experts
maren.jpgMaren Mahoney has been in the information system industry for more than 25 years with roles in employee development, technical support and helpdesk administration, network administration, management and engineering, and networking courseware development and instruction. She is a Senior Technical Instructor at Sunset Learning Institute and teaches a range of technologies but specializes in Unified Communications. Before she joined Sunset Learning Institute (SLI), Maren worked for Cisco Systems as a Network Consulting Engineer. She also worked for several Cisco Reseller Partners in engineering and technical instructor roles. Maren is an official Cisco Certified Systems Instructor (CCSI). She holds a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and Russian studies and plans one day to gain a master’s degree in Mathematics. Maren holds different certifications in Routing, Switching, and Data Center and a CCIE in Collaboration (#50569). Maren is also a US Army veteran.
Maren was recognized as a Cisco Designated VIP in 2019 for her contributions to the Cisco Community in the IP Telephony category.

**Helpful votes Encourage Participation! **
Please be sure to rate the Answers to your Questions

Do you know you can get answers before opening a TAC case by visiting the Cisco Community?
For more information, visit the Collaboration, Voice and Video category. To find further Cisco Community events: Click here.

16 Replies 16

Cisco Moderador
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Maren,

Could you help with those pending questions, please?

Q: Can we use video monitoring for Inbound/Agent? As you checked logs in Video, can we do the same for inbound/agent?

I’m not sure I understand the question. Let me pass this by the CCX experts at Sunset Learning and I’ll post their answer. In the meantime, can you clarify your question?

Maren

Cisco Moderador
Community Manager
Community Manager

Q: How can we collect real time traces for phone registration? Which process to select in real time?

Registrations are captured by the Cisco CallManager service trace. There is no easy way to pull those specific messages out using RTMT. I recommend dumping your Cisco CallManager service trace file into TranslatorX and using the filtering options at the bottom of TranslatorX to show only registration messages.

Maren

Cisco Moderador
Community Manager
Community Manager

Q:When launching from fx version 14 installed and pointing to a 12.5 cucm, I'm prompted to download 12.5 plugin. Will this then mean that both versions coexist?­

RTMT for v12.x and RTMT for v14.x are separate installs. They can coexist on the same system, but must be installed in different directories. Where you get the compatibility is within major versions. For instance, a installation of RTMT from a v12.5 system can connect to a 12.0 installation (but not vice-versa). When connecting your RTMT to two different versions from the same major release (v12.5 and 12.0, or 11.5 and 11.0) you must use the plugin downloaded from the higher version.

Maren

Cisco Moderador
Community Manager
Community Manager

Q:Which tool have you used recently for CCX?­

For real-time monitoring, I use RTMT and/or the CCX Real Time Reporting Tool (available via the CCX administrative GUI).

Maren

Cisco Moderador
Community Manager
Community Manager

Q:Can you use this with pcce­?

No. PCCE is more closely related to UCCE and that has its own reporting tools.

Maren

Cisco Moderador
Community Manager
Community Manager

Q:I know you used to be able to install multiple versions of RTMT for CUCM in different folders on the same system. Does the CCX version have to be on a separate system, or can it be installed in an other folder in the same system?­

When I have tried to install the CCX version of RTMT on the same system as an existing CUCM/CUC RTMT instance (of the same version), the installation process claims there is already an RTMT instance in place (even if installing to a different folder) and the installation fails. Then, when I have tried installing CCX RTMT and using it to try to connect to CUCM or CUC with that instance, the connection fails. This leads me to understand that the two installations must be on different systems.

If someone knows a way to make installing both versions on the same system work, I’d love to hear it.

Maren

Cisco Moderador
Community Manager
Community Manager

Q: UCCX and RTMT also shows the real time data?­

Yes, in exactly the same way as RTMT for CUCM as I showed in the demonstration. Same for CUC.

In the demonstration, when I connected my CUCM-RTMT instance to CUC (or the CCX-RTMT instance to UCCX) I did not show using RTMT to view real-time information, but you can absolutely do so. (And set up custom alerts the same way, etc.)

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: