cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer Attempt Warning Event ID 1155

mike083108
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any idea why I keep getting warnings such as the one below? I have checked all of the restriction tables but everything looks good. Any ideas?

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: CiscoUnity_ConvSub

Event Category: (14)

Event ID: 1155

Date: 2/25/2009

Time: 1:42:31 PM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

Transfer attempt for Call Handler: SA(extension: 2803) failed on port 5. Possible reason could be the dial plan on the phone system does not allow this dial string: 2803. The dial string used was taken from the Call Handler's Contact Rule: 'Standard'.

10 Replies 10

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike,

This error indicates a failed transfer to the phone system. Just throwing some ideas out... It's possible that Unity heard re-order, or no response when trying to transfer off your call handler. Or perhaps, the voice mail ports are in a partition that does not have access to transfer to a particular DN. Just some ideas...

If it's reproducible, you'll probably want to set Macro diagnostics on Unity: Call Flow, Call Control, Conversation State, Skinny TSP and also enable detailed CUCM traces if you're integrated with CUCM.

Hope that helps,

Brad

That's the problem. It's not reproducible.

I actually set up the event monitoring service to email me every time I get one of those errors so I can call right in to try to replicate it. I can hit the same port and it will work.

I am getting tons of these every day. Most of the transfers are to ACD queues that are managed by the NEC phone switch so it is virtually impossible for it to hit busy.

If it helps Unity is integrated to an IMX 2400 via a 24 port dialogic Timg unit. I am not using any IP phones yet.

What choice or default call flow on your call handler is dialing 2803? Finding that should allow you to reproduce the problem.

You would then need to set the TIMG trace to record the failed call. You could then listen to the audio of the failed call to see if you are getting any error tones.

Thats the problem. I can retrace the exact path right after I get the error and it works perfectly. It seems to be intermittent.

I actually just created one of these warnings but my call went through as expected. I am wondering if it is actually going through as expected on all of them....

Any ideas?

Does this seem to happen only for calls that are transfered to an ACD group?

If you can narrow it down to a specific call handler or notice that it is happening very frequently for a specific call handler, try adding a comma or two to the dial string to see if this reduces or eliminates the problem.

This is definitely shooting at the hip type troubleshooting, but many integration issues like this are timing related. There is a post-dial delay setting in UTIM but this would affect every call for that telephone integration. So adding a call to a particular call handlers dial string is less intrusive at this point in the game.

Yep most of them are happening with ACD transfers. I will try adding a comma or two before the transfer extension and report back. Thanks for the idea!

Gear Misner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Did you get anywhere with this problem?  I am running into the same issure with CUCM 7.1.5 and Unity 7.0.2.  We have the two integrated using a sip trunk.  Any help would be great.  Thanks.

dugward
Level 1
Level 1

I believe a number of things can cause this error, one I've found is the user forwarded their phone to another extension, than forwarded that phone BACK to their main extension. Obviously it's a loop and gives you a fast busy but I've replicated this error with that situation. 

However I've received it in other instances as well and that's why I'm trying to figure the others out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: