Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer to voicemail supervised transfer

dan.letkeman
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have my transfer to voicemail setup and working using *4xxx as the directory number and I have a transfer to voicemail profile attached to that directory number and a CTI route point with that line attached to it..  All is fine and working in multiple locations.

I have one location now that is having an odd issue.  The receptionist wants to transfer a call to voicemail and she presses transfer, then presses *, then presses the blf speed dial button on her sidecar, then before she can press transfer again she hears the greeting from the voicemailbox that she is transfering too.  She can then hit transfer and the initial caller still hears the entire greeting like normal.  But why would she be hearing the initial greeting?

Could I have missed something in my config?

Thanks,

Dan.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mmiktus
Level 1
Level 1

It was explained to me that the entire process is so fast that, yes, you will hear the beginning of the Subscriber Greeting prior to completing the transfer.  I have experienced this issue since Unity 3.x while using the CTI RP method of forwarding to VM from Callmanager. 

You didn't miss anything.  Some users complain they feel the beginning of the greeting is cut-off because the forwarding party was too slow on the button mashing.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

mmiktus
Level 1
Level 1

It was explained to me that the entire process is so fast that, yes, you will hear the beginning of the Subscriber Greeting prior to completing the transfer.  I have experienced this issue since Unity 3.x while using the CTI RP method of forwarding to VM from Callmanager. 

You didn't miss anything.  Some users complain they feel the beginning of the greeting is cut-off because the forwarding party was too slow on the button mashing.

Is there any other method that is slower?  Thats not usually something I ask for....

Not that i'm aware of. 

answer the call > Transfer > *+ext > Transfer > hangup is the only method I know of.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi guys,

There's a pretty good explanation of the behavior (expected) within these

bug notes

It was a Bug in earlier versions;

CSCsm67316 Bug Details

The greeting doesn't start over when callers transferred to VM box

Symptom:

Whena call is transferred to VM the greeting doesn't start over. Insteadthe greeting keeps playing and the greeting is heard mid stream afterthe transfer.

Conditions:

Normaloperation, either transfer via a CTI route point where the operator cantransfer to VM extension *XXXX, or can be transfered to VM via themessages softkey.

Workaround:

Unity Connection can be configured to inject a delay before playing the greeting. On the ports page in the system administration tool, change the setting "Delay After Answer" to a suitable value. We admit this is not a great solution, since this delay will affect every call, not just transfers, and the timing needs to be chosen just right.

Further Problem Description:

Observed behavior in CUCMBE-6.0.1.1000-37

1. PSTN caller dials the main company number.

2. Company's operator answers the call.

3. PSTN callers asks the operator to transfer his call directly to a person's voice mail.

4a. Operator hits the "transfer" softkey (the PSTN caller is now on hold).

4b. Operator dials * plus the extension number.

4c. The person's greeting starts to play immediately.

4d. The operator hits the "transfer" softkey again, to complete the call transfer.

5. The PSTN caller hears the person's greeting truncated, not from the beginning but from

the point where it was when the operator hit "transfer" the second time.

Fix implementation for Connection 7.0 and 2.x:

ForConnection 7.0, entire prompt stream will restart when either thedestination IP address changes or the destination CODEC changes. Sameas Unity restart prompt behavior.

ForConnection 2.x, only the currently playing prompt will be restarted. Sousers must have a recorded greeting in place in order to get the fullbenefits of the restart prompt feature. If no personal greeting isconfigured (default greeting), then prompt restart will most likelyhappen during the part of the default prompt that says ".. Is notavailable...". The prompt "extension xxxx" won't be heard since it's atthe top of the prompt list.

1st Found-In

2.0(0.337)

Fixed-In

7.0(0.207)

7.0(0.268)

2.1(0.375)

6.1(1.2112.1)

2.1(1)ES21

Related Bug Information  Transfer directly to greeting, greeting gets cut off.

Symptom:When transferring messages the recording starts before the secondtransfer is hit, I need help to configure this so that the the Greetingmessage doesn't start until the message had actually been transferredthe second time. Conditions: When transferring messages the recordingstarts before the second transfer is hit, I need help to configure thisso that the the Greeting message doesn't start until the message hadactually been transferred the second time. Workaround: In the SA, go toTelephony and bring up the port group page, then from the Edit menuchoose the advanced settings. The setting you want is "Delay BeforeOpening Greeting". The bad news is that this value will apply to allcalls, not just transfers. So pick the minimum value that works foryou.

Unity Connection Administration >

Telephony Integrations >

Port Group >

SERVER >

Edit >

Advanced Settings >

Delay After Answer = 2000 milliseconds (set to 0 by default) > Save

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

lol - only took them 7 versions to build in a work-around

a one second delay would probably suffice, but I suppose it's a case-by-case basis.

Actually I have verified that the greeting, at least in CUC v 8.x, does not get cut off, it actually restarts the greeting.  The outside caller does hear the entire greeting including the "sorry".

Dan.

Good to know. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: