cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation PAttern Caller ID Issue

Vijay Patil
Level 3
Level 3

I created a Translation pattern where Someone calls on 6762 1234 that call is Translate to 989640411..

When i called from my mobile(8879645246)  to  6762 1234 my call goes to 989640411 but here other end user not able to see my Caller ID number instead he able to see 6762 5246.....

I am expecting end user (989640411 )  can see my number(8879645246)  as caller ID to call back

Is there any configuration parameter in Translation pattern ..we are using CUCM 11.5

8 Replies 8

What caller ID is shown if you call one the DID numbers in your enterprise? That will tell us if a service provider is altering the caller ID or if CUCM is altering it.

Two things: First, try to use the Dialed Number Analyzer to view the call to see if CUCM is altering the caller ID.

Second, can you post a trace file that included the inbound call? When you set up the trace query you can specify the inbound called number in RTMT to limit the output.

Maren

Thanks MAren

I  will do the thing suggested by you...

mean time ..when i dial 6762 1234 from my mobile ...other end receive see caller ID as 6762 5246....where 6762 are first 4 digits of what i dial & 5246 these are my mobile last 4 digits

That sounds like CUCM masking the inbound caller ID somewhere. Check that translation pattern to see if you have something in the "Calling Party Transformations - Calling Party Transform Mask". Is there anything there?

We not configured any "Calling Party Transformations - Calling Party Transform Mask"  in Translation Pattern ..

even the Route Pattern use for this call is also not with any  "Calling Party Transformations - Calling Party Transform Mask" parameter configure

Then let's start with looking at the Dialed Number Analyzer. Look at your Cisco documentation to see how to turn it on and use it. That *may* tell us what's going on with that call.

If that doesn't provide information, we'd have to look at a trace file on CUCM that includes that call so we can see what digits CUCM is working with and what it is doing with them. If you don't know how to set up a trace on the Cisco CallManager service, here is how to do that:

How to Collect Traces for CUCM 9.x or Later

Maren

DNA report is attached ...Due to production  issue i created similar scenario 

where calling number is my mobile number : 8879645246

Called on Number which is DN :  6762 2055

Due to TP call received on my other mobile number 8891481158..CL ID what i am able to see is 6762 2000 which is Pilot number of my PRI line

I want  CL ID on my mobile number is calling number ie 8879645246

Now there i no calling party mask on RP TP or RL

Scott Pedersen
Level 1
Level 1

Capture5345.PNG

Check the box for "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask"

Hello Scott,

We already checked that option , but no +ve result it give same Caller ID as i mentioned in problem description