Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation pattern with dashes

ciscokid6969
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there

We recently received some new CP8841 phones after using 794x for years. I am finding that all our internal numbers looked up through the directory no longer resolve on these phones but work fine on the other 794x phones.

I believe this has to do with translation patterns. The directory looks up phone numbers from active directory in which all the phone numbers are entered as 555-555-4444  with 4444 being the local extension.

The old phones, would simply pass the phone numbers when hitting "call" on the directory. Using the translation pattern 555555XXXX, they would then drop the first 6 numbers and just dial the local extension internally.

the new phones on the other hand, I think are trying to dial the full number WITH dashes. So i went and tried to make a calling translation pattern that contains dashes which seems to be impossible.

I also tried 555[\D]555[\D]XXXX and a few other variants but cannot seem to get the regex correct as the pattern still does not match. Let me know if its possible or just a bug in the phone?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

Sounds like the following bug:

Call fail when "-" dash is dialed from Corporate Directory on 88X1 phone
CSCuq14595

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq14595

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

Sounds like the following bug:

Call fail when "-" dash is dialed from Corporate Directory on 88X1 phone
CSCuq14595

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq14595

HTH,

Chris

Worked perfect, thanks. Downloaded COM file, uploaded to both CCM servers and restarted the TFTP. Restarted the phone to get the new load and it all works now.

Thanks for the fix. We usually only push new firmwares when we get a new call manager version. This one must be a fairly new bug though, because the fix was released may 06th.

Ah to be on the bleeding edge!

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This was a known issue, upgrade to latest ES10 engineering special phone firmware which you can obtain from TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: