Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble starting RTMT on windows 7 x64

John Richardson
Level 1
Level 1
23 Replies 23

I was having this issue on VMware Fusion, and disabling my shared folders fixed this immediately.  Thanks for the tip!

-Brian 

Glad it worked for you as well.  Please rate all useful posts.

Chris

jjordan
Level 1
Level 1

Just make sure when download the RTMT Pluging your browser is not renaming the file like:

CcmServRtmtPlugin(1).exe

The "()" is the one causing the problem.

Good luck

I'm sorry, but I don't think that was the issue that you were facing.

More likely that your downloader wasn't downloading the file correctly. 

Changing the name of a binary like an .exe file doesn't change what that binary does when executed.  To illustrate this you can create a .bat file with the name helloworld.bat and copy this into it:

echo "Hello World" > "%userprofile%\desktop\Hello World.txt"

Save and run your new .bat file.  It should create the Hello World.txt text document on your desktop with the words "Hello World" inside.

Renaming your .bat file to whatever you want won't change what it does. (As long as you keep the .bat file extension)  To test it make sure you delete the 'Hello World.txt" file on your desktop so that you know when a new one is created.

I'm not saying renaming a file will change the way programs behaves. (actually you can create a program that checks for its name and change its behavior based on that).

I'm saying I was having the same problem as described, in my case running Windows 8 (64bits) and Java 1.7 and the way I fixed it was removing "()" from the file name. I can replicate the problem just by simply renaming the file back to "CcmServRtmtPlugin(1).exe".

CcmServRtmtPlugin.exe Its a self-extracting file that calls Java as part of the installation process passing paths and file names for Java to execute. It looks like Java doesn't like "()" to be passed as an argument, at lease under my OS/Java version.

I think if you are having this problem it is worth trying this solution.

Thanks for your reply.

mikeduffy13
Level 1
Level 1

Just wanted to update this for people still running into this.  I've been stumped by this for a while and couldn't figure out what it was.  I'm running Fusion 8 with both Win7 and Win10 VM's.  Any plugin (RTMT, CCXEditor, etc.) would fail to install.  Disabling shared folders did not fix the issue.  I had to both:

1. Move the files directly to C:\Temp (not Users\Documents) AND

2. Change the file to run in Win7 Compatibility mode as Administrator

Doing both of these I was able to keep Shared Folders enabled and install fine in Windows 10. 

Hope this helps someone else. 

Hi Mike. Which RTMT version were you installing on Windows 10? I've been looking online to try and see which RTMT version(s) are supported on it.

It appears that RTMT is still not supported on Windows 10

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/11_0_1/RTMT/CUCM_BK_CC660A6B_00_cisco-unified-rtmt-administration-1101/CUCM_BK_CC660A6B_00_cisco-unified-rtmt-administration-1101_chapter_01.html#CUCM_RF_O5664E1B_00

Manish

Ali Alqwasmi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

I installed the RTMT on my colleague's laptop. when trying to open it with his account it doens't open. When I tried "run as" and put my account (Local Admin) it worked. I tried giving him full control over the folders in the RTMT under Cisco in Program Files, but still didn't work.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Ali Alqwasmi