cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting Messages not delivered in Unity Connection

s.casper_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity Connection sytem on 7.1.3 where users are saying that they are not getting some messages from people calling from both internal and external sources. Every time I test they get the message and the MWI. I have turned on the traces for Conversation Manager and Message  Transfer Agent. I made a test call and can see when a call comes in and  my test message is delivered.  Is there any other traces I should turn on? Also what specifically should I be looking for in the trace files? I need to determine if there is a problem or if the users are incorrect.

Thanks,

Steve

1 Reply 1

s.casper_2
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a link I found that details what traces should be enabled to troubleshoot message delivery.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/troubleshooting/guide/7xcuctsgpdf.pdf

I made a test call and pulled the traces from RTMT - looks like you can use diag_CuCsMgr_ files to verify that the caller hit the Unity system and then use the diag_MTA__ files to track the message being left and delivery to the users mailbox. To do this you need to search on the  users Alias and then track the message by it's MAL Message ID and file name.

I also found some RTMT Perf Mon counter that are usefull for tracking global message delivery stats