Views
Helpful
Replies

Two Different Greeting on Unity VoiceMail and Cisco PCA

samuel.suen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Can I have two different greetings on two different timeslots: (e.g. lunch hour and non-office hour) ??

I found there is a "closed" greeting and "alterate" greeting. But I have no idea whether I can enable alterate greeting by time basis or not.

Anyone encounter this requirement before ?

Also, one more question on PCA.. If I have separate domain for VM, how can the user change the Cisco PCA password?? (i.e. windows account password)

thanks !!

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can do this - but not with the alternate greeting. If you activate the alternate greeting it over rides all other greetings and is not bound by schedule - it'll play all the time no matter what.

If you activate the Off Hours greeting rule (the Standard rule is always active - but it can be over ridden by Alternate) and you have a schedule associated with the call handler or subscriber that has, say, 5pm to 8am as off hours and 12pm to 1pm as off hours then it'll do what you want. From 8am to 12pm the standard greeting will play, then from 12 to 1 the off hours greeting will play, then it'll switch back to standard greeting from 1 to 5 then go to off hours after 5 till 8am.

You can check out more about the flow of the various greetings in the "audio text applications in Unity" paper out on the Documents page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com if you want to dig down a little further on how this logic works.

Oh,.. Great... thanks for your response & help !!

I will try your recommendation.

BTW, how's about the second question? For the voice mail only deployment, for some reasons, it is seldom integrated the Unity server with existing domain. So, how's about to change the password for the Cisco PCA?? I find this PCA password is exactly matched with the miscrosoft domain users' password. Anyway, user can change his password by himself ?

Thanks for your again

that's what happens when you ask two unrealted questions in one post ;->

The reason the passwords are the same is because you’re authenticating against NT, not PCA – Unity PCA (or the SA) is not doing it’s own authentication, we strictly use NTLM. We do not provide (nor will we –ever- provide) a mechanism that allows users to change their NT passwords via our web interfaces. It’s simply too large a security hole to introduce and we don’t want to get in front of that.

While Unity wont be adding an mechanism to our web interfaces to let users change their NT passwords, there is a way to do this in IIS directly. IIS by default isn’t configured to allow PW changes without fiddling a bit. Be aware that allowing folks to change their PW via IIS is not entirely secure (as Microsoft warns in the first article below)… Anyway, here’s a couple of MSDN article that should help you out here:

Configuring IIS to allow PW changes for NT accounts:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q184/6/19.ASP

What to do if PW change attempt fails via IIS:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q184/0/58.ASP

This is why installing Unity into the same domain users are authenticating in is recommended when you want access to desktop features like PCA/SA or VMO.

If I want to have three different Greetings to work with different time in a day, like

Normal Office Hour - Standard Greeting

(09:00-12:00, 14:00-18:00)

Lunch Hour - Lunch-Hr Greeting

(12:00-14:00)

Off Office Hour - Off-Hr Greeting

(18:00-09:00)

Is it possible to do so? And could I rename the system greetings(i.e. Standard, Internal, Busy, Closed and Alternate)?

First, no, you can't rename the greetings - they're fixed.

Second, yes you could get 3 seperate greetings for a day, but you'll have to string a couple of call handlers together to do it (i.e. similiar to doing automatic holiday greetings). You can get more details on how to do this in the "audio text applications in Unity" paper on the Documents page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com - the automatic holiday greeting example should give you what you need for this but instead of using the holiday schedule have the first call handler be your normal office hour and the 2nd call handler will have the lunch hour and off office hour greetings.