cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two Questons about CUP/CUPC and Remote User Solutions

calmichael
Level 1
Level 1

1) Has anyone deployed CUPC on a workstation over a Cisco remote access VPN (IPSEC or SSL) and if so, any gotchas?

2) Has anyone deployed CUPC that was associated to a IP Phone that was depoloyed remotely using the ASA Phone Proxy feature?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

question 1:

our organisation uses it all the time, best put CUPC in a separate devicepool and region so you can force it using a low bandwidth codec

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

1) The gotcha is on the VPN device.

a) If the VPN device was doing address translation (NAT), make sure it's SIP-aware (packet inspection).

b) Some VPN device has limitation on the max. size of packets, this would cause some SIP packets dropped and CUPC was not able to see presence.

2) It depends on which phone mode was being used on CUPC.

a)In soft phone mode, CUPC is acting as a SIP phone.

b) In desk phone mode, CUPC is acting as a CTI client.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Thanks for the insight.

For my first question:

So, if it's Cisco end-to-end, is inspect SIP enough, or does it need to be tweaked?

Again, if it's Cisco end-to-end, what MTU are we looking to maintain; is their a Cisco link for this?

For the second question:

This would be for desk phone control only. This could be a mix of TLS and non-secured phones; some MIC based, some LSC based against the ASA phone proxy.

Thanks

I have this working over a ipsec/asa vpn, but if i try ssl/anyconnect to the same asa I can only do voice calls. The IM and status icons do not function. Has anyone else experienced this? When i check the server health the icons are all green as well.

same thing here.... any fix for it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: