Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC Migration plan 12.5 - advise

Hi there,

I am preparing a plan to migrate UC infrastructure from release 10.5to 12.5. Current systems are in BE6K and new UC will be in Be7K. I have been reading lots of documents for UCM, IM and P, CUC and PCD. But couldn't get a definite answer. Can anyone tell me below approach is good;

The IP address and host names will be change in the new system,

(1)For Call Manager; using PCD

1. Install PCD on BE7K#
  2. Upload the ISO file into SFTP location of PCD under /fresh_install directory
  3. Discover the source UC cluster
  4. Add target ESXi hosts
  5. Add CUCM Bootable ISOs to PCD SFTP Server (adminsftp user, fresh_install folder) or to External NFS Server
  6. Deploy Empty CUCM VMs on the Target ESXi Hosts using applicable OVA(s) – This doesn’t require since BE7K comes with preloaded OVA.
  7. Define a migration destination cluster
  8. Add readdress task
  9. Add-Migration Task
    1. Choose Source UC Cluster
    2. Choose Destination Cluster
    3. Choose Migration Files (Bootable ISOs)
    4. Schedule Start Time

(2) IM and P: I cannot use PCD since the re-addressing is not supported for IM and P;

So what will be the best approach?I cannot use the DRS back up since the new call manager should have the same network settings.

otherwise, I only left with the option to use the DRS back up and restore method in a new isolated network to keep the same IP address and once the restore completed, change the IP new IP 

(3) CUC -Migrate cluster task is not supported by PCD

so should I follow the same process outlined for IM&P and use COBRA tool to export and import data.

Note: considered the smart licensing as post-migration task

I highly appreciate it if anyone can shed some light. 

Regards 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd7dvvP103E

Steps are basically the same on any new PCD release.

Yes, for CUC you would use COBRAS as explained in the CUC upgrade/migration guide.

As you will change the hostname, you'll get new certificates and need to consider ITL.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd7dvvP103E

Steps are basically the same on any new PCD release.

Yes, for CUC you would use COBRAS as explained in the CUC upgrade/migration guide.

As you will change the hostname, you'll get new certificates and need to consider ITL.

HTH

java

Thanks for the response Jaime,

as per your video, you have assigned a new IP address to both call manager and IMP, but the PCD doc says that IP readdressing is not supported. Please find the bottom of the snapshot. Could you please comment PCD.JPG

I do have  another query that will there be any trust certificate issue with Cisco Phone when it registers with new call manager (new IP and hostname) 

Regards

Yeah, if you use the readdress task. You're talking about a task that is not involved in the migration task.

If you're not familiar with ITL/SBD, spend some time reading the related documentation on the topic as anyone who works with CUCM should be familiar with it.

HTH

java