Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC servers migration

Hi guys. As you know switching servers (mail, application,...etc) from one to another site is the part of the failure test, common thing and  happen once a year. Is it applicable and required to UC servers like CUCM,CUC.IM&P servers too ?  If yes what is the procedure steps , can you share please (how to migrate users, devices...etc)? 

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you mean just move to a new HW, DRS would work for any scenario.

If they're on ESXi, if you have vCenter, look at the virtualization wiki to find out which apps support live vMotion, if not, you can manually move the files and register in the new servers.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you mean just move to a new HW, DRS would work for any scenario.

If they're on ESXi, if you have vCenter, look at the virtualization wiki to find out which apps support live vMotion, if not, you can manually move the files and register in the new servers.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

ohh looks like I confused myself, I can't do this because of I have Publisher on site A on subscriber on B  they are on esxi,  centralized multi-cluster . As I remember subscriber can not take a role of PUB So I can't do switchover from site A to site B :D .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: