cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC Sizing Tool x64

Kenneth Sumners
Level 1
Level 1

Forgive me if there is another post about this, but i could not find it.  I am running Windows 8 x64 with Office 2013 x64.  When i download the excel for the UC Sizing tool at http://tools.cisco.com/cucst/faces/landing.jsp and load it, i get a warning windows that states "Application's launch was blocked by another program."  I am only running Windows Defender and no notifications pop-up showing that there are hits to security on this.  i am a local administrator on my computer, but i don't know what might be happening.  Has another else expirenced this?  If this program cannot run on x64 windows or office, is there a work-around?

Thanks,                  

Kenneth

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The issue is with Office x64, I needed to reinstall my Office as 32-bit to get this and other Cisco apps such as BAT to work.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The issue is with Office x64, I needed to reinstall my Office as 32-bit to get this and other Cisco apps such as BAT to work.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks, I'll give that a shot and post back.

Downgrading to Office x86 worked.  I guess there really isn't that much use for x64 Office.  I had the same issue as you with the BAT spreadsheet.  Thanks for the suggestion. 

Kenneth