cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC upgrade 11.0 to 11.5 -cannot change subnet mask format as directed by documentation.

Knowlesy14
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm upgrading a UC environment from 11.0 to 11.5. One of the pre-upgrade tasks is to ensure the subnet mask is in the recommended format for /24.

"If you are using a 24-bit IP subnet mask, ensure that you use the following format:255.255.255.0. Do not use the format 255.255.255.000. Although 255.255.255.000 is a valid format, it may cause problems during the upgrade process. We recommend that you change the format before you begin an upgrade to avoid possible problems. You can change the subnet mask by executing the set network ip eth0 <server_IP_address> 255.255.255.0 command. Other formats are supported for subnet masks and this limitation applies to 24-bit subnet masks only."

I have entered the command as described above but am running into the following message...

admin:set network ip eth0 10.*.*.* 255.255.255.0
Required 3 mandatory parameter(s) but 2 parameter(s) were found

Executed command unsuccessfully
Error executing command

I also tried add the GW address to the command too and get this output of no change was made...

No modfication: --ipaddr 10.*.*.* --old_ipaddr 10.*.*.*

Trying to avoid any potential for problems during the upgrade process and this subnet mask issue appears to be a known one that can cause the upgrade to fail. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

3 Replies 3

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Are you planning to change the subnet mask change pre or post upgrade. The best way is upgrade the version to the latest and install all the required device packs and then plan for a ip address/subnet mask change. There are some known issues with changing the mask ip during the upgrade.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Thanks. I opened up a TAC case regarding this issue and after some back and forth the tech informed the issue was 'cosmetic'.

I performed the upgrade and it completed without any problems.

Wow, really?? I had a conversation with some guys from the BU on that exact requirement and they said that they found issues during the upgrades and that's why they had it in the docs, maybe they fixed it at some point in time

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: