cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560, voicemails behind clock time, set timezone?

version:

Cisco IOS Software, UC500 Software (UC500-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.0(1)XA2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

What would cause the messaging system to have a different time than the UC560 system clock?

I have set up an NTP server via SSH console login, and it is synchronizing the time, though it seems to be listing the wrong timezone.

I also set the hardware clock to match the software clock: configure / ntp update-calendar

Current time on my computer, 2:44 PM central daylight time, (Wisconsin, USA)

Current time on UC560 (show clock): 14:44:51 GMT Fri Aug 9, 2013

The Cisco 7945 phones show the time correctly as "2:44p 08/09/13"

BUT when I record a test message to myself, it lists in VoiceView Express as been sent "Today 11:22 AM"

The really odd bit there, is that it's not in whole hours of difference, but actually more like "3 hours 25 minutes behind current time".

Also, I cannot find anywhere in the console to specify a timezone so that "show clock" is not in GMT.

There is "configure" / "clock set timezone (name) (number)" but that seems to redefine what timezone the named zone is in.

There is nothing for setting timezones under "set", except "http" and "memory"

There are no "utils" commands.

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all you need to update software on both UC and CUE.

then on CUE configure ntp server as the UC address, veruft timesone is correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: