Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 11.5 Question

mclason01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am upgrading our UCCX HA nodes from 10.5 to 11.5. I worked with licensing@cisco.com to get the 11.5 licenses already.

Here is my question: After the upgrade, do I need to delete the old licenses from the UCCX nodes? Or do I just add the new ones? I looked for documentation on this but found none. I am unable to test this out in a lab because I do not have any spare licenses to apply to a lab.

Thanks so much for any information!

4 Replies 4

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

As per the upgrade guide, you need to do the following:

"While you are upgrading from a previous release, if there are multiple licenses, zip all the .lic files into a single .zip file and then upload the zip file. If specifying a .zip file, ensure that all .lic files that need to be added are in the root of the .zip file and are not in subfolders in the .zip file."

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_5/install/guide/uccx_b_uccx-install-upgrade-guide/uccx_b_uccx-install-upgrade-guide_appendix_0110.html 

HTH

Rajan

Pls rate all useful posts

Hi,

You do not delete any old licenses.

the upgrade license would provide you with major upgrade while all the feature licenses with existing version remain same.

regds,

aman

Thank you!

Thank you. I would have neglected to combine the licenses if I had not seen this post.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: