Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7 Server SQL Security Properties

johnnywan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We want to change the Server Properties > Security > to SQL Server and Windows Authentication Mode. Right now it is set to Windows Authentication mode. Our CCX server crashed so we had to rebuild and now one of our custom UCCX reporting apps is not working. So we are thinking about changing the above and rebooting but wanted to check with NetPros before making this change.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mixed Mode authentication support was added in 7.0(1)SR4 I believe under CSCsy79061. Just keep in mind that ODBC access by third-party reporting products is not supported. You're supposed to export the database off-box if you want to use another product. In Windows you can use a DTS job to do this; however, when you upgrade to 8.0+ you would need to copy tables individually through SELECT statements.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mixed Mode authentication support was added in 7.0(1)SR4 I believe under CSCsy79061. Just keep in mind that ODBC access by third-party reporting products is not supported. You're supposed to export the database off-box if you want to use another product. In Windows you can use a DTS job to do this; however, when you upgrade to 8.0+ you would need to copy tables individually through SELECT statements.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thank you Jonathon, I understand what you are telling me here. Just more or less wanted to make sure we could make this change and reboot the server with no impact to current contact center applications.