Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 and 8.5 RAM or memory requirements

dulmer
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I reviewed the document:

Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (Cisco Unified CCX) Software and Hardware Compatibility Guide

Cisco Unified Contact Center Express and Cisco Unified IP IVR

Last Updated: June 22, 2011

I see where it list the hardware model types.  I am working to verify a customer actually has the right server and it is becoming a bit frustrating.  I am not on site and do not currently have remote access.  Can anyone tell me how much memory and what size drives need to be in a 7825 to support UCCX 8.0 or UCCX 8.5?

The customer claims he has an MCS 7825-I5 but he only has 2GB of memory installed and I thought UCCX 8.5 for example required 4GB of memory.

Regards,

David

3 Replies 3

MCS-7825-I5-CCX1 is a new platform for uccx 8

It come with standard RAM of 4 GB

But uccx comp matrix mention only untill uccx 7. [ 2GB memory required] also for uccx 6

the lower one was 1 GB for CRS 4

So is your server is the CCX one or you have another part number ?

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi David,

I think the easiest solution is to find the exact part number and serial number of the server and match it up with the compatibility matrix.  All of the testing has already been done by Cisco to determine how much RAM is required per server for each software package, all you need to do is match up the part number.

HTH,

Chris

Hi,

It looks like that 2GB RAM is enough. We've got a MCS-7825-I4-CCX1 and this is according the hardware compatibility matrix a supported hardware. These Servers ship all with 2GB Ram.

It looks like but i am not sure so far - coming weekend i will see if this is really working.

Or does anyone else knows for sure that 2GB Ram will be enough?

regards,

Bernhard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: