cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX: Agents being set to "Not Ready" (server check in value?)

lkerznowski
Level 1
Level 1

Alright, so my company has five branches across the state. Four of the branches do not have this problem really, but one branch does and I'm looking for a somewhat solution for them.

The "issue" is that the agents at this branch and being set to "Not Ready" randomly throughout the day all on their own. It is not a missed call issue, they can be at their desk actively working and just be signed out from Ready, at which point they stop receiving calls. I put issue into quotes because I feel it's not actually an issue per se with Cisco (I believe that to be working as intended), but an issue with the branch's network.

If I remember reading something before correctly, there is a setting (or some settings) where the UCCX server and the agent/phone/CUCM/ect try to connect and sync up every x time? Hard to explain; I feel like I remember reading that the two servers and such talk to each other every interval to verify that the agent is actually still there and online. If the check-in fails, then it sets the agent to "Not Ready" since the server believes the person isn't there (working as intended which I understand).

This branch has some structural network issues where there tends to be "blips" throughout the day where they randomly loose connection and such. It's my educated guess that if one of these blips occurs while the servers are checking in, it's setting them not ready.

Is there a specific setting in the UCCX manager where I can play with this value and give them a better chance of the check in and blip not happening at the same time? Or am I not on the right track at all as to why this is happening. It's just the one branch and they have had issues in the past of similar things like this happening.

1 Reply 1

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are absolutely on the correct path that the issue is with the particular site/network wherein agents are being randomly put in the Not Ready state. Also, once CAD/Finesse is being set to Not Ready then of course the ACD/IPCC calls will not be delivered. Below are the two most known issues for this:

1) The actual agent phone is getting Registered-Unregistered causing the client to go in Not Ready state (it rarely happens)

2) The phone is not getting Unregistered at all but is actually not able to keep the CTI connection up all the time due to which CAD/Finesse is being set to Not Ready. (Most of the time issue is this only)

In order to test point 1, simply reset the phone and CAD/Finesse will automatically go into Not Ready and also the state change operation will not be available till the time phone does not come up as Registered

For point 2, simply uncheck the Allow Control of Device from CTI box followed by Apply config and CAD/Finesse will go to Not Ready. State change will again not be possible till the time you do not check the box again and do an Apply Config.

For sure, in your environment no one will be doing any of the above things intentionally. However, it is the actual system (CUCM) in this case that is not able to keep the continuous CTI connection up for the device causing the issue to happen for the agents at this particular site. Now since, CUCM is able to keep the connection up and fine for the other four sites and just failing for one then definitely you will need to look for any Network/Routing/firewall issues between CUCM and this particular site.

Regards

Deepak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: