cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX: Completely remove Wrap-Up Timer

lkerznowski
Level 1
Level 1

Alright, so I need some help I believe. I've recently started making some changes in the UCCX Manager to alter some of the skill data and settings and such. For some reason, any call center user that I've alter now has an enabled Wrap-Up timer after the end a call. When our original vendors set this up, there was no Wrap-Up in any way. To my knowledge, this option is disable is every instance I can find... so I'm curious as to why it's suddenly being turned on. It has to be a recent setting as it's only happening to employees that I'm going in to edit. I will go through and list out where I've been going to make changes and what the settings are. I'm hoping something can point out something that I'm missing.

Also, it's good to note that it's weird. When the employee get's the Wrap-Up notification, there isn't a timer. The employee must manually switch themselves back to Available/Ready (which is becoming an annoyance and thus why I have been made aware). I'm looking to completely remove the option. When they end a call, they should immediately go back to ready.

UCCX (System version 10.6.1.10000-39):

Subsystems > RmCm > Resources > [agent]

Automatic Avaliable = Enabled

Subsystems > RmCm > Contact Service Queue Configuration > [branch specific group]

Automatic Work = Enabled

Wrapup Time = Disabled (nothing in the "seconds" box as well)

Subsystems > RmCm > Agent Based Routing Settings

Automatic Work = Enabled

Wrapup Time = Disabled (nothing in the "seconds" box as well)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So basically when you just enable the Automatic Work at the CSQ level without enabling the Wrapup Time, CAD will go in Work state once the call ends and will remain in that state only till agent does not set themselves to Ready/Not Ready manually (This behaviour your agents are currently experiencing is Working As Design).

Now if you enable the Wrapup Time at the CSQ level and set the time, once the call ends agent will be presented with Wrapup Data and either they choose it or not, CAD will go into Ready/Not Ready as set under the Automatic Available option at the Resource level once the Wraup Timer expires.

Now comes the question where exactly the Wrap Data comes from. You configure this in Cisco Desktop Administrator as shown in the attached screenshot CDA.png to this thread. Now the state of CAD will decide on two things after choosing the Wrapup Data:

1) If Enable Automatic State Change checkbox is checked on CDA then as soon as Agent choose the Wrapup Data, state will change to Ready

2) If Enable Automatic State Change checkbox is not checked on CDA, then system looks for the Wrapup Timer that you enable at the CSQ level on UCCX, if that is also not enabled then even after choosing the Wrapup Data, CAD will remain in Work state and agents will need to go Ready/Not Ready manually what they are doing right now.

Hence, it is up to you if you want to remove the Wrapup Data option completely for the agents or want to modify the settings as explained in above points so that CAD can go into Ready state automatically after choosing the Wrapup Data.

In case you do not want them to select Wrapup Data at all then disable the Automatic Work option at the CSQ level. If you want agents should still get the option of choosing Wrapup Data and should go to Ready automatically then make the changes as explained in point # 1 and 2

Note : If you configure both the things as explained in point # 1 &2, then point 1 will always take precedence that means as soon as agent chooses the Wrapup Data CAD will go in Ready state and will not wait for the Timer to expire.

Refer to the screenshot CDA-Web.png in order to check that agent is part of which workflow from Cisco Desktop Administrator (Web Version) and then make the above changes in that Workflow group only on Cisco Desktop Administrator (Application Version)

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So basically when you just enable the Automatic Work at the CSQ level without enabling the Wrapup Time, CAD will go in Work state once the call ends and will remain in that state only till agent does not set themselves to Ready/Not Ready manually (This behaviour your agents are currently experiencing is Working As Design).

Now if you enable the Wrapup Time at the CSQ level and set the time, once the call ends agent will be presented with Wrapup Data and either they choose it or not, CAD will go into Ready/Not Ready as set under the Automatic Available option at the Resource level once the Wraup Timer expires.

Now comes the question where exactly the Wrap Data comes from. You configure this in Cisco Desktop Administrator as shown in the attached screenshot CDA.png to this thread. Now the state of CAD will decide on two things after choosing the Wrapup Data:

1) If Enable Automatic State Change checkbox is checked on CDA then as soon as Agent choose the Wrapup Data, state will change to Ready

2) If Enable Automatic State Change checkbox is not checked on CDA, then system looks for the Wrapup Timer that you enable at the CSQ level on UCCX, if that is also not enabled then even after choosing the Wrapup Data, CAD will remain in Work state and agents will need to go Ready/Not Ready manually what they are doing right now.

Hence, it is up to you if you want to remove the Wrapup Data option completely for the agents or want to modify the settings as explained in above points so that CAD can go into Ready state automatically after choosing the Wrapup Data.

In case you do not want them to select Wrapup Data at all then disable the Automatic Work option at the CSQ level. If you want agents should still get the option of choosing Wrapup Data and should go to Ready automatically then make the changes as explained in point # 1 and 2

Note : If you configure both the things as explained in point # 1 &2, then point 1 will always take precedence that means as soon as agent chooses the Wrapup Data CAD will go in Ready state and will not wait for the Timer to expire.

Refer to the screenshot CDA-Web.png in order to check that agent is part of which workflow from Cisco Desktop Administrator (Web Version) and then make the above changes in that Workflow group only on Cisco Desktop Administrator (Application Version)

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak Rawat,

At first, great explanation.

I have a similar case but Finesse agents, I am not sure if I have to use CAD Administration tool or only Cisco Finesse Administration web page.

Logic suggests that I have to use Finesse Administration, so I have some questions:

1. Where can I find the way to config Agents state automatic "Ready" state when their login in Finesse?

2. What is "Workflows" used for?

Best regards,

Alfredo.

If this helps, do not forget, rate!!

lkerznowski
Level 1
Level 1

Looking back now, I realize how big of an idiot that I was. I was unaware that "Available" and "Work" were two different things. Availability is the toggle between ready and not ready, while work is the state in between for finishing up things before being put back in. 

I was turning on the work setting thinking that it was the same as the availability one. So, basically, I was telling the system that after a call, an employee should be put into "Work" mode. Since I didn't specify a "wrapup time", the system just set them to Work without a timer to release them back to ready. Thus, they had to change it themselves.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: