Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Ldap alert when backups are initiated

Kapil Atrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

One of my client upgraded to 8.5 SU3 and getting following every night when Backup is initiated.

At Sat Sep 08 01:01:02 ADT 2012 on node memsuccx01, the following SyslogSeverityMatchFound events generated: 

SeverityMatch : Alert

MatchedEvent : Sep  8 01:00:48 memsuccx01 local7 1 : 97: memsuccx01.voice.root.local: Sep 08 2012 04:00:48.721 UTC :  %UC_GENERIC-1-ProcessStop: %[UNKNOWN_PARAMTYPE:Process Identifier=20591][ModuleName=Cisco Desktop LDAP Monitor Service][AppID=Cisco Unified CCX Cluster View Daemon][ClusterID=][NodeID=memsuccx01]: Process Stopped AppID : Cisco Syslog Agent ClusterID : 

NodeID : memsuccx01

TimeStamp : Sat Sep 08 01:00:48 ADT 2012

I checked the follwoing bug:

CSCtn93085 - UCCX: sev 2 alarms generated in SysLog during normal backup

It says the bug is fixed in 8.5 SU3 but my customer just upgraded to SU3 and still getting these alerts. It happens only during the backup and everything comes up working fine next morning.

Anyone?

thanks,

Kapil

19 Replies 19

I have the exact same issue with SU3. Did you find anything out?

No solution yet. For the time being, we are ignoring it during backups.

Still happening on 10.6... *sigh*.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Just upgraded to 10.6.1.11001-31.  Seeing same thing this morning during automatic backups.

Need to get this feature resolved  !!! How about an minor patch to 10.6 !!!

dmdafler1
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue on UCCX 8.5 SU4.

This issue is caused by Cisco bug CSCtn93085 which is affecting the version you are on, though it is only cosmetic.  Here are the details of the bug:

UCCX: sev 2 alarms generated in SysLog during normal backups

Symptom:

During a backup of UCCX, the LDAP Monitor Service is temporarily stopped. This is normal behavior,
but a severity 2 alarm is being generated in the SysLog. The alarm makes it appear that the service
stopped unexpectedly or crashed.

Conditions:

Workaround:

Ignore alarms regarding the LDAP Monitor Service that appear during the timeframe of a UCCX backup.

HTH,

Chris

Dear All,

I have the same issue on 9.0.2.10000-71

Thanks

This is by design on version 9.0 as well. Please check the following for version 9.0

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_9_0/troubleshooting/guide/cad90ccxtg.pdf

Problem

During a backup of Unified CCX, a Severity 2 alarm is generated in the Syslog that indicates that the LDAP Monitor service stopped unexpectedly or crashed.

Solution

The LDAP Monitor service is temporarily stopped during a Unified CCX backup. This is normal behavior. You can ignore these alarms when they appear during a backup.

HTH

Manish

Thanks for the information.

Manish,

How is this by design if it is documented as a bug?

What kind of a design would this be?

Chris

Hi Chris,

The bug id is intended to inform the customers that this alert is expected during backup and it can be ignored. Infact the customers are recieving alerts even when they are running the versions listed in the 'Fixed-in'  section of bug link. That's why i referred this as working as per design for this specific case only as there is no real 'fix' that is being worked upon.

Manish

Thank you, but I respectfully disagree. Working by design is different from informative defect. Working by design indicates that the product team/developers decided a feature works based on how it was designed and coded per system requirements.  Defect means something is mis-behaving for whatever reason i.e. software code error or unexpected behavior.  This to me sounds like the later.

Chris

Hi Manish,

No disrespect here either, but I'm going to have to go with Chris on this one +5

I find it funny how this goes from a Severity Level 2 bug originally

to a Level 4 - "Fixed" when there have been at least 80 TAC cases

It sounds like they just gave up trying to fix this and decided it's now

"working as designed".

Cheers!

Rob

Last Modified:

Oct 24,2013

Fixed

Severity:

4 Minor

Product:

Cisco Unified Contact Center Express

Support Cases:

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: