cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX switch version failed

Brent Rockburn
Level 2
Level 2

So, I tried to upgrade to SU4 and it failed miserably .. TAC took a bunch of reports and came back with "Try to run it from the CLI" which is what I did in the frist place, so I'm not sure how much help they're going to be.

In every search for the below error message indivduals say to switch versions using the recovery CD, however I can't seem to find any documentation detailing how to do that.

Can someone send me the "how to" or if you've had the same thing happen, please let me know what you did to fix it.

Thanks,

BR

Operation Fail

ERROR: Sync after switch version failed

6 Replies 6

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Restart the publisher

Restart the subcriber (if your running with an HA Node)

Then on the subcriber run utils system switch-version nodatasync

And if you don't have a subcriber run it on the publisher.

I have two UCCX servers running in a cluster, I need to switch version on them not my CUCM. There is no "nodatasync" command available at the end of the "utils system switch verison" command.

Hi Brent,

I am assuming that you have initiated the Switch version only on the UCCX first node (Publisher) , once the switch over of this pulisher is complete than only you have started the switch version on the Second Node (subscriber).

Also please refer the detailed procedure for this process in the section "Software Upgrade Procedures" from page 52 onwards  in the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/configuration/guide/uccx851osag.pdf

Hope it helps,

Anand

You won't see the nodatasync option in CLI.  It's a hidden option.

I'm surprised that TAC took so long without a solution or workaround.

They could take a look at CSCsm10419.

Or get into the shell (a.k.a. 'Remote Support Account'), and modify the /grub/boot/grub/grub.conf file so the system boot from the new version.

Michael

My guy at TAC says no to the remore support account thing .. wants me to boot from recovery CD and choose option "S" to switch versions. Does anyone have some screen shots of what this looks like? When do I get to "choose options S"?

Thanks,

BR

Hi Brent

When you boot up it just gives you a simple menu with a handful of options. It's petty easy to follow..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: