cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Upgrade to 10.6.1(SU2)

Jim Pilgrim
Level 5
Level 5

Upgrading UCCX-Express to 10.6.1 (SU2) from 9.0.3.  I have all the documents from the class and went through the LAB on performing an upgrade.  If anyone knows of a gotcha or watch out for, it would be appreciated.  CM is 9.1.2 and will upgrade at a later time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Jim,

For upgrade related queries, you might want to consult Cisco PDI Technical Advisors ( formerly PDI Helpdesk ). Its a free & unlimited service for entitled partners. Do open a case online from www.cisco.com/go/pdi . PDI is 12x5 support.

GP.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Jim,

For upgrade related queries, you might want to consult Cisco PDI Technical Advisors ( formerly PDI Helpdesk ). Its a free & unlimited service for entitled partners. Do open a case online from www.cisco.com/go/pdi . PDI is 12x5 support.

GP.

Jim Pilgrim
Level 5
Level 5

Thank you, the case is opened.  I was planning to have this in place prior to the upgrade as well.  Thank you for the advise.

Heath Deschenes
Level 4
Level 4

I just recently did an upgrade from 8.5(1) to 10.6(1)SU1. The biggest thing that I ran into issues with was the requirement for DNS, including reverse DNS. I had not previously used DNS on the UCCX server. It is required in 10.6. I am not certain if this requirement was implemented in 9.x or 10.x, but worth looking into!

If you are uncertain if it is configured, you can run the command "show network eth0", from the CLI.

Note in general across the portfolio DNS is moving from optional to mandatory. Recent UCM SRND guidance is talking about FQDN, vs. just IP addresses or hostnames-sans-FQDN.

IIRC, I think mainly for certificate-type things with Jabber and other softclients.

Doesn’t change operational requirement for customer DNS to be highly available, responsive, not return bad mappings, etc. to ensure the Collab apps will function correctly.

Similar to when Collab apps must connect to customer’s groupware, directory or business apps.

-james

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: