Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM MS Active Directory 2012 support

zgonczol
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a customer with UCM 9.1, and CUPS 9.1 with Jabber.

After the customer upgraded the MS AD form 2003 to 2012, we have several problems.

The CTImanager service is using high CPU, and the Desk Phone control is not working in Jabber.

We found out, the Microsoft Active Directory is not officially supported with UCM 9.1.

Does anyone know, when will MS AD 2012 is supported with UCM?

Thank you,

Zsolt Gonczol

9 Replies 9

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco will officially support MS AD 2012 in CUCM 10.0.  And the feedback I have from the PM for the LDAP component is that although  we will not officially test support for CUCM 9.x with AD 2012, it will not be listed on the officially supported LDAP list, but it should work fine with older versions.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

Dan, is AD 2012 officially supported now in 10.0 release?  I was going through the SRND guide and couldnt not find specifics around this.

Thanks!

Yes, MS AD 2012 has been tested and is supported with CUCM 10.0(1).  The SRND may not reflect this because SRND is not meant to be a product version document, but a best practice/recommendation document.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Hi Dan,

is the MS AD support officially documented somewhere? I need to provide my customer with official documentation.

Thanks,

Luc Simard

CSE, TELUS

Dan,

And my customer is specifically asking about MS AD 2012 R2.

Thanks in advance,

Luc

UCM 10.0 adds support for AD 2012 R1, LDS 2012 R1

UCM 10.5 adds support for AD 2012 R2, LDS 2012 R2

Wade Hamblin's response is the official response to support for newer AD/LDS support for UCM.  Cisco's online documentation should match this information. 

Thanks,

Dan Keller

dsalamanca
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I know this is an old thread but checking the CUCM 10.0 system guide I don't see any reference to MS AD 2012 support, so I wonder if TAC will support the integration:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager System Guide, Release 10.0(1) - Directory Overview [Cisco Unified Communications Ma…

I haven't found the CUCM 10.5 system guide yet.

Can anybody clarify this, please?

Thanks in advance

Daniel

I too was having a hard time finding this on an official Cisco link since the system guide doesn't exist for 10.5. For 11.0 I realize this issue is moot since we have "generic directory" support but in case you want an official Cisco link here it is

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/10_5_1/CUCM_BK_CE15D2A0_00_cucm-release-notes-1051/CUCM_BK_CE15D2A0_00_cucm-release-notes-1051_chapter_01.html#CUCM_RF_C64CE8F0_00

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: