Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS B200 M2 support

Hi All

I have a customer which has UCS b200 M2 and has 5 blade install i will use one blade to install the following :

1-  PUB CUCM 8.6

2- PUB CUC.

3- cisco unified presence.

all the above will be install in one blade and the other SUB cucm , SUB CUC and presence will be install in diffrent blade but in the same chassis.

My question  is it possible to install a SUB cucm and other virtual machine in same blade regarding to the support from cisco. or the blade must be only for cisco unified application as cucm and cuc.. mean no other virtual machin should be install...

Regards

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check out this link:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization_Sizing_Guidelines

Virtual Machines (VMs) are categorized as follows for purposes of this UC support policy:

3rd-party application VMs (or simply 3rd-party app VMs): a VM for a non-Cisco, application, such as VMware vCenter, 3rd-party Cisco Technology Developer Program applications, non-Cisco-provided TFTP/SFTP/DNS/DHCP servers, Directories, Groupware, File/print, CRM, customer home-grown applications, etc

Cisco does not support non-UC or 3rd-party applications VMs running on "Cisco UC Virtualization Hypervisor" or "Cisco UC Virtualization Foundation" (as described at Unified Communications VMware Requirements). If you want to deploy non-U / 3rd-party applications, you must deploy on VMware vSphere Standard, Advanced, Enterprise or Enterprise Plus Edition.

Each Cisco UC app supports one of the following four types of co-residency:

Full:

The co-resident application mix may contain UC app VMs with Cisco non-UC VMs with 3rd-party application VMs. The deployment must follow the General Rules for Co-residency and Physical/Virtual Hardware Sizing rules below. The deployment must also follow the Special Rules for non-UC and 3rd-party Co-residency below.

Keep reading on the link:

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Hi Chris

Based on this information (Cisco does not support non-UC or 3rd-party applications VMs running on "Cisco UC Virtualization Hypervisor). Is the Hypervisor install in each blade or install globally on somewhere in the chassis.

sencond question if i install the PUB CUCM in one blade and the SUB CUCM in different blade is there any common in these blade?

Regards

>>Based on this information (Cisco does not support non-UC or 3rd-party  applications VMs running on "Cisco UC Virtualization Hypervisor). Is the  Hypervisor install in each blade or install globally on somewhere in  the chassis.

This purely stetes which VMWare licensing model it is supported on, all deployments are on ESXi.

>>sencond question if i install the PUB CUCM in one blade and the SUB CUCM in different blade is there any common in these blade?

Not sure what you mean by "common", this would be suggested deployment for sake of hardware redundancy.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Hi Chris

Actually i am confusing in the following:

I have a new customer and this customer had already one chassis and there are 10 blade install on this chassis when i check that the customer is installing many virtual machine in the different blades.when i ask him where should i install my call manager,unity connection and presence he said i will give you one blade to install all these unified communication but regarding to the SUB of the call manager,unity connection and presence the customer tell me that he will allow me to install on diffrent blade which are running on them different Virtual machine like active directory and dhcp server.

what i want to know is when i install the PUB of call manager, unity and presence in the blade how can i know the specs like how many core in this blade and is it be enough to install them in this blade as cucm take 2 cores unity 3 cores and presence take 2 core.

Second on the different blades where i am going to install the SUB ho to check the availability of core if there is a DHCP server installed already and running. Also when i install the SUB on the used blade is there going to be support from cisco since there is 3rd party sever install...

i really appreciate your effort in answring these questions.

Regards

the product ID is N20-B6625-1