Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS-C210M2-VCD2 Ethernet Port config

micandre
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Customer has a 2 x UCS-C210M2-VCD2. Each server has 6 ethernet ports available for network use (1 for Cisco UCS C-Series Integrated Management Controller).

I'm installing at this stage UCCX 8.5, & Unity Connection 8.0 on one server & UCCX 8.5 on the other server. I'll add more supported UC virtual machines later in the project.

Is there any guidelines/best practices from Cisco on how these 6 ethernet ports should be used (i.e 3 ports for 1 etherchannel connected 1 physical switch & 3 for another etherchannel to a 2nd physical switch for redundancy?).

Many thanks, Michael

2 Replies 2

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

The UCS-C210M2-VCD2 has the following split for ethernet ports -

Three motherboard built-in Ethernet ports (2 for network and 1 for Cisco UCS C-Series Integrated Management Controller) and Four additional Ethernet ports (all for network).

So you have 6 ethernet ports for the network.

Check here for guidance on how to setup the network ports when runnign more than one VM on the server -

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Provisioning_of_Host_Resources_for_Virtual_Machines#Network

Thanks for the link Anilve.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: