Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to add Unity Connection to Prime Collaboration Provisioning

nule
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've tried to add Unity Connection to Prime Collaboration Provisioning and can't seem to get around the following error: Invalid OS Administrator Name/Password.

Steps I've tried:

• Rebuilt Unity Connection with different usernames and passwords. CUC version 12.5.1
  • Tried a different version of Prime Collaboration Provisioning 12.5.1 and 12.6.1

Is there a default OS admin username which I'm not aware of?

CUCM, CUP and Expressway are all added to PCP without any failures.

4 Replies 4

thorstenn
Level 4
Level 4

Did you found a solution for that ? Have same Issue here.

Didn’t figure it out. Just wiped everything and configured without prime provisioning.

Hi All,

I had issues with the OS admin and password on a prduction cluster and in my lab. There seems to be issues if you create CLI accounts besides the one from install. This is how I got it to work

Production Cluster

1) created GUI admin account with system and remote admin roles

2) created cuc proxy account from cli with the same username and password as step 1

3) created CLI account with the same username/password as step 1 on CUC Pub.

4) in PCP device setup, used username and password for Admin and OS admin for CUC Pub. for CUC Sub, used install OS admin username/password for PCP OS admin.

Lab Cluster

1) repeated steps 1 and 2 from above

2) in PCP device setup, used username and password from step 1 for Admin. For OS Admin, used installation OS admin username/password for CUC Pub and Sub.

Note: cannot delete CUC proxy account from CUC CLI using "delete account". SSH into CUC pub with CUC proxy credentials (step 2) will provide error "this account is currently not available".

Ash Savage
Level 1
Level 1

I just had a TAC case for this issue. The solution is to create a proxy account with the exact same username and password as your OS admin account. This is done on the CUC Publisher CLI. 

utils cuc proxy usrcreate

Please enter username: unityosadmin

admin:utils cuc proxy usrpasswd

Please enter username: unityosadmin
Please enter password: Command completed successfully.

admin:utils cuc proxy enable

Command completed successfully.

If you test right away sub might fail but after 10 mins or so test will pass.