cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to delete DRF logs?

Tristan Cober
Level 1
Level 1

So I was troubleshooting some failed backups for a customer - figured out eventually that the backup server filled up - and I was attempting to download the DRF logs on RTMT but the Query got stuck. Checking the command line there was over 380,000 files created in the past 2 weeks since the backups started failing under platform/drf/log. I attempted to clear these, both with using the watermark and the CLI, but they refused to clear.

admin:file delete activelog /platform/drf/log/*
Delete the File platform/drf/log/2018-02-06-23-05-01_b_ucm-01_plm_elm-agent.log?
Enter "y" followed by return to continue: y
Error deleting file : platform/drf/log/2018-02-06-23-05-01_b_ucm-01_plm_elm-agent.log

Control-C pressed

All of the files returned this error. Theres about 1.5GB of these logs taking up space

Version is 11.0.1.20000-2

Has anyone come across this issue before?

3 Replies 3

Aeby Vinod
Level 3
Level 3
Can you try the following:
1. Make sure you creds you use have a privilege level of 4 (you can verify bu running show account)
2. Try deleting files under a different folder eg: activelog /cm/trace/ctftp/
3. If that's successful try restarting the DRF master and local services once and give the file deletion a go, if that's not helping try shutting down the DRF master and local services and give that a shot.
4. If that's not working try a server reboot and try the file deletion.
5. If none of the above is helpful, I''m out of ideas, so you might want TAC to delete the files via the root shell and check if the issue is in the lines of CSCuy90533

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby

Yep tried everything except restarting the server. Checked the LPM logs and it seems to be in line with that bug, just a different trace file this time. Strangely the only logs present are those when the backup issue started happening and not before.

15:03:18.893 HDR|02/21/2018 LPM,StandAloneCluster,x.x.x.x,Significant,11.0.1.20000-2
15:03:18.893 |Error Deleting File: /var/log/active/platform/drf/log/2018-02-07-21-24-41_b_ucm-01_plm_elm-server.log : Permission denied
15:03:18.894 |Error Deleting File: /var/log/active/platform/drf/log/2018-02-07-21-24-41_b_ucm-01_plm_elm-agent.log : Permission denied

The version is not listed under fixed releases for that bug, so there i s a big likelihood CSCuy90533 is the culprit. The root WA is file permission changes, standard stuff for TAC, post which the LPM and CLI file deletion should work.
Bugs gets triggered when certain conditions meet, we can't predict what (that's why its a bug ;) ), Something must have happened at that time for this to get triggered.

Please rate if found helpful

Regards,'
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: