cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to delete tomcat-trust certificate in the Call Manager and Unity

erga
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to delete a tomcat-trust certificate in the call managers  and Unities (pub and sub setup) and I'm not able to. I delete the cert, restart the tomcat services and it shows up again.

I tried stopping the Cert Exchange Notification Service and the Expiration Notification Services, delete the cert, restart tomcat service. When the services are stopped the cert is gone. As soon as I restart the service the cert shows up.

I'm at loss at what I'm missing. This cert is not in use, it expires soon and we're being flooded with warning emails every hour.

4 Replies 4

if you are using self signed certificate and if its going to expire, you can Generate New Self-signed Certificate using below option.

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 3.55.31 PM.png

if you are using a CA signed certificate and if its going to expire , generate  CSR and get the certificate signed from CA. upload both root and serve certificate. 

if you deleted a tomcat trust certificate, and if you generated new tomcat certificate yes you will see new tomcat trust certificate in the list. But just restarting the tomcat service after deleting the tomcat trust will not create a new tomcat trust certificate. because I just tried it on my lab and it didn't created any tomcat trust certificate after restarting the tomcat service. But when generated new tomcat certificate , yes the new tomcat trust was available in the certificate list.

Response Signature

This is an old tomcat-trust certificate that has remained in the system. All the self-signed certs have been regenerated. For some reason this cert won't go away

If you regenerated the new tomcat, it will also regenerate a new tomcat trust certificate. 

is this old certificate system generated trust certificate or a external CA signed certificate?

Response Signature

its an old certificate system generated trust certificate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: