cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to import new subscriber

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

When I select import existing exchange user, the new window appears but nothing else happens. The screen appears top half white and bottom half grey. Nothing noted in the event logs thought could be issues reading AD.

Recently upgraded Exchange 2000 to 2003, re-ran permissions wizard, no other problems encountered. This issue was happening at random before upgrade. Unity ver 4.0(3)

8 Replies 8

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have SR1 installed? Although you may not have any errors in the windows event logs during the import attempt, are there other warnings or failures?

Yes SR1 is installed, no other error messages. It used to happen randomly, appears as if it was degrading now it does it all the time.

As a datapoint, I observed the same thing on a client's system today. Greenfield Unity 4.0(4)sr1, and my client machine is running Windows XP SP2. The issue popped up out of the blue, and I couldn't get it to go away at the moment, so I finished my admin tasks using Remote Desktop into the server. I did not attempt any real troubleshooting. My machine is not a member of the client's domain. I don't believe that their Unity would fall into my Intranet zone and it's not in my Trusted list.

bmedalis
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue. Go into the security settings of IE - Local Intranet- sites - advanced and add your Unity server url there. It cleared my issue up.

Thanks, but had no joy with it. Even occurs when terminal services in to the unity box running IE. Everthing is stock standard on it.

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

As a workaround, try using Bulk import under Unity tools depot, make sure you have permissions for the OU your subscriber is located and also if that OU and user s under security tab have the option for inherit properties from parent.

Do you get an error under Event viewer?

Happens for just one user of for all users?

Are you able to search for that user after you tried to add it? If yes try Bunny Killer.

Bulk import works a treat.

No errors in event viewer

I cannot select a user that is the issue happening, the screen pops up but one half is grey the other white.

I think you are running into this bug below. You will need 4.0(3) Sr1 ES76

CSCee05967

After applying SR1 not able to import existing Exchange user from SA

Release-note:

Symptom:

When you click on the "Select" the to import an existing Microsoft Exchange user the SA page from which you are to select the user will be blank or

partially populated. When you select this page, click the right mouse button and then select "View Source" you will typically see the following:

The page cannot be displayed

There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the unity home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error

Internet Information Services

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:

Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A000D)

Type mismatch /Web/SA/BodyAsp/SubsImpExHeadBody.asp, line 410

Browser Type:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)

Page:

GET /Web/SA/BodyAsp/SubsImpExHeadBody.asp

Time:

Wednesday, March 17, 2004, 10:41:29 AM

More information:

Microsoft Support

Conditions:

After applying Cisco Unity 4.0(3)SR1 it is no longer possible to import an existing Microsoft Exchange user from the SA.

Workaround:

Use the Cisco Unity Bulk Import utility to import existing users.

Further Problem Description:

Enabling the AvSADBConn microtraces will result in the following:

09:08:47:066 (AvDiagnostics_MC,2291,AvSaDbConn,15) [Thread 3040] ADSI trace:

(objectCategory=domainDNS)

09:08:47:096 (AvDiagnostics_MC,2291,AvSaDbConn,15) [Thread 4544] ADSI trace: ADGetExistingDomains:

strDN for calling ADsGetObject

09:08:47:127 (AvDiagnostics_MC,1024,AvSaDbConn,10) [Thread 564] [Thread

(null)] Error initializing

Notes thread: ERROR: ADGetExistingDomains-->spObject->Get(L'canonicalName' varDomainName); failed: 8000500c