Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Install CUCM 9.1.2 As Subscriber Node on IBM X3650 M2

Hi,

I am unable to install CUCM 9.1.2 as a subscriber node on third party  approved server - IBM x3650-M2 (single E5504, 146GB HDD) with 4GB RAM. I am  getting an error message that this hardware in incompatible. In short its not passing hardware validation.

I am using  a bootable CUCM 9.1.2 DVD for this installation. I have another subscriber  server which is running on the same server at a different location.

Can  you please check and let me know if there is anything that needs to be checked  from the server end so that I can successfully install the subscriber node.

Please do let me know if you need any further information.

Looking  forward for your valuable reply.

Best Regards,

Joseph Chirayath.

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well clearly something is different in the parts between the two servers. Does it exactly match the parts list outlined in table 4 of the IBM Server Solutions document? RAID controller differences have gotten me in the past for example. The supported servers matrix does show this remains supported through 9.1.

Note: You will not be able to upgrade to 10.0 (already shipping) or beyond without migrating to a VMware-based deployment on new servers since the legacy IBM hardware doesn't meet the minimum specs. Just FYI since you will be at a dead end as soon as you deploy this.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your reply. I compared the table shared and I can see two difference. One being that I have two 146 GB SAS HDD instead of 300 GB, I compared the specification on the live server and it had the same HDD configuration.

The other difference I see is with the RAID controller the server which is in production is having MR10 controller -

Versions

================

Product Name    : IBM ServeRAID-MR10i SAS/SATA Controller

Serial No       : P486740910

FW Package Build: 11.0.1-0040

And the once we are attemting to install has SR-BR10i adapter. I am attaching a screen shot of the same for your reference.

x3650.JPG

Can you please let me know if the RAID adapters needs to be changed.

Thank you.