cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to install DX80 Firmware to TFTP

ahagerma1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, when attempting to install firmware to a subscriber node / TFTP server, I receive an error message: "A valid upgrade file must be provided before an upgrade can be started." 

I'm using the file "cmterm-dxseries.10-2-5-154.k3.cop.sgn" I am running the latest Call Manager (Version 11).

Any help is appreciated, as I'm not sure where to go from here.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I use freeFTPD to host files for that purpose, and never change any of the default parameters for ports, it's very straight forward to configure.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you don't see the image listed under the TFTP directory you're looking at, I'd probably think that you're pointing to the wrong TFTP, or your TFTP is not properly configured.

HTH

java

Sorry if I haven't been able to fully explain. Here's my workflow..

Login to OS Administration

Install/Upgrade Files > Enter FTP information > Click Next

I see a drop down list of the available DX80 COP SGN files > I select the one I want > Click Next

I then get this error: "A valid upgrade file must be provided before an upgrade can be started." 

So I'm not actually able to upload/install the firmware to the TFTP server from my FTP client. 

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Just looking at the filename for the DX80....it looks different on the download page (doesn't have the dxseries);

cmterm-dx80.10-2-5-154.k3.cop.sgn

From;

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074288/130868/cmterm-dx80.10-2-5-154-readme.html

Cheers!

Rob

Hey Rob,

I tried installing the above file with the same result. This occurs with multiple dx80 firmware files..

ahagerma1
Level 1
Level 1

Ok so I think I figured it out.

It appears my TFTP doesn't like me using a non-standard FTP port (anything other than port 21). I had originally set up my FTP server to use a random port, but when I reverted it to use port 21, I'm not able to install firmware.

Does anyone have any good documentation on setting up SFTP?

I use freeFTPD to host files for that purpose, and never change any of the default parameters for ports, it's very straight forward to configure.

HTH

java