Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to retrieve VMs by phone, but able to retrieve by Outlook

cparapally
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am using Unified Messaging server 4.0(5).

Currently, I have sites at Germany, UK and US. Germany and US users Exchange mailboxes are resided in US Exchange server 2003 and UK users have their own Exchange Server 2003.

My company has decided to provide Unified service to Germany people and yesterday they have migrated few exchange mailboxes from US to UK Exchange server.

I have configured two subscriber profiles in existing Unified server today. These two users are able to get and listen the messages in outlook mailbox, but couldn't able to listen by phone. Red indicator is glowing on phone when voicemail is reached. When they try access the voicemail by phone, unified system is prompting with "Your message are not available now. To send a message press 2. You don't have old messages".

Could you please help me what went wrong?

Regards,

Mady

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i'd check all the permission in first place, run the PW with a God account and verify the users in AD have the right permissions for UnityMsgStore and UnityDirSvc

verify they have the "allow inheritable permissions to propagate from parent to this object" under the security Tab is set.

You can compare them using a working user.

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am new to Unified Messaging system. Could you please give me the good document to run the permission Wizard?

Where to check the right permissions for UnityMsgStore and UnityDirSvc? Is it on Unified server or AD server?

I hope "allow inheritable permissions to propagate from parent to this object" need to be verified in AD directory. Am I correct?

I would appreciate for your quick answers.

Regards,

Mady

You're lucky since i can't sleep =) so you'll get the answers quick

the PW tool under the Unity Tools Depot on the server already contains a guide on how to use it but at the Tools Depot on the web you can find more info, some videos available also

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_PW_421.htm

check the help section, there are the instructions and what kind of account you need to use the tool.

ALL the permissions are in AD.

The allow inheritable... is under the security tab for the user in AD... well, also the permissions for the accounts i mention actually are on that tab

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate