cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified copying VM messages

pmccloud
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with a law firm that has a Unified Messaging 4.0(4) set up with Exchange 2003.

Some of the attorney's have a rule set up to copy their voicemails to their assistants.

Is there a way to determine who the message was left for without have to listen to it?

The assistants are getting both their emails and the attorney's in their inboxes, but there is nothing in the subject line to tell them who the message is for.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there's nothing in the message subject that would indicate this - only information about the sender (i.e. the ANI of the caller if provided by the switch) will show up there - normally adding the name of the recipient would be redundant and look a little odd in the subject line of a message in your inbox so that's not something built in.

Hey it's been a while since you left this post but is the answer still the same? We need to customize the subject line so that an Outlook rule can grab it.

Thanks,

Erik

Cisco Unity 7.0(2) allows and administrator to create custom subjects which can include Called Name as well as Called Number in the subject line.

How about 5.x?

We used the Advanced Settings Tool and were able to customize the Subject line. Works great!

Oh great. I was going to suggest that versions prior to 7.0(2) did have some limited ability to customize subjects by using the Advanced Settings Tool. I just didn't have an older version to look at to see if it allowed you to include the Called Name and Called Number. Glad that worked out for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: