Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 10.5 administrator account locked

Pedro Francezi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys!

So, I'm facing a problem with unity connection 10.5, where the costumer locked the administrator account by trying to log in to many times.

I already follow some recovery guides, but the account still locked.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unity-connection/68400-unity-conn-password-recovery.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/troubleshooting/guide/8xcuctsgx/8xcuctsg090.html#wp1057192

I've try to use the SSH and console CLI to issue the command utils cuc reset password <account>, and it accept the request, but do not unlock the GUI interface.

Attached to this you can see the gui logon page.

Please, there is any other way to unlock this account?

I'm using Cisco Unity Connection 10.5 on an UCS240, VMWare install.

Thanks in advance and best regards.

8 Replies 8

Pedro Francezi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

So, the problem was solved by Cisco TAC.

How did TAC resolve it?  Is there any way that the account can be unlocked

without TAC intervention?  I also tried the command above and it does not work and the security guide for Unity Connections warns against using the old utils reset_ui_administrator_password

Thank you,

~ Rob Oliveira ~

Use  utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password command to reset the password. In case you do not remember the userid as well then use utils reset_application_ui_administrator_name to reset that as well.

Regards

Deepak

I thought so but if you take a look at the Security guide, Cisco recommends that you don't use that command.

It notes that Unity Connection will not function properly.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/security/guide/10xcucsecx/10xcucsec040.html

Operating System Administration Account
Application Administration Account
The account is used to access
  • Cisco Unified Operating System Administration
  • Disaster Recovery System
  • Command line interface
  • Cisco Unity Connection Administration
  • Cisco Unified Serviceability
  • Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability
  • Real-Time Monitoring Tool
The first account is created

During installation, when you specify the Administrator ID and password

During installation, when you specify the application user name and password

How to change the account name

Not supported

By using Cisco Unity Connection Administration.

Caution Do not change the account name by using the utils reset_ui_administrator_name command, or Unity Connection will not function properly.

How to change the account password

By using the set password CLI command

• By using Cisco Unity Connection Administration
  • By using the utils cuc reset password CLI command

Caution Do not change the account name by using the utils reset_ui_administrator_password command, or Unity Connection will not function properly.

~ Rob Oliveira ~

Hi, All

So, there is no way to do it without the TAC support, because they run some SQL queries and than alter the user and password.

Thanks and best regards.

If you will notice both these commands are different and not the same. Go ahead and feel free to reset using the one I gave.

utils reset_ui_administrator_name used to be available in the older versions, it even does not exist in the newer releases.

Regards

Deepak

Ahh yes, I did not catch that.  Okay great, Thank you!

~ Rob Oliveira ~

Do you have that TAC case ID?  I am having the same issue and TAC has not been successful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: