Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 10 Greeting/announce with no input just transfer to Hunt Group

I want a particular DN to hit Unity and Play a Greeting, when the Greeting is done, the caller does not need to enter anything they just need to be transferred to an Extension.   I plan the extension to be a Hunt Group.

I dont see a setting for Play and Transfer?  Just play a greeting and transfer no user input required!  How to set this up?

On greetings that expect the user to enter DTMF,  under call action I select 'transfer to alternate contact number' and I put the DN of the Hunt Pilot.   Any Issue with this?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Because the only way to use the transfer settings from a call handler, or a user, is when you're attempting the transfer from something else..

You forcefully need two elements in the config, you can do the same with call routing rules + call handler/user.

Transferring the call to itself, is a loop, and that is actually used to create a very simple queuing mechanism.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

See here, I do something similar

https://youtu.be/mAOpv3vlKpw

HTH

java

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Create two call handlers, one in which you will play the greeting, another one with transfer settings set to whatever you want in CUCM.

Direct callers to CH1, play the greeting, set the after greeting action to attempt transfer to CH2 where you have the transfer settings.

HTH

java

Jaime I have never found you to be wrong, so I will just accept what you say but I am not understanding something here.  Why does it take two call handlers?  So I am hearing you say that you set one call handler to play the greeting and then edit transfer rules for say STANDARD, and the set that to "transfer calls to Extension X".   Why cant I do that all in one call handler?

Because the only way to use the transfer settings from a call handler, or a user, is when you're attempting the transfer from something else..

You forcefully need two elements in the config, you can do the same with call routing rules + call handler/user.

Transferring the call to itself, is a loop, and that is actually used to create a very simple queuing mechanism.

HTH

java

Jamie at the risk of sounding like a complete dork, where in the second call handler do you set the extension you want to transfer to?  Basic, Transfer rule, Greeting?   I get the first greeting and it transfers to the second call handler, but then I stall.  Ugh...

See here, I do something similar

https://youtu.be/mAOpv3vlKpw

HTH

java

Thank you Jamie dor your excellent video.  Jamie you do great work and we are lucky to have you.   I want to play a greeting with no caller input and transfer it to an extension at the end of the greeting.  I did as you illustrated and created two call handlers.  CH1 plays the greeting and at the end of the greeting transfers to CH2.   CH2 has no greeting and a transfer rule that is configured to transfer to the desired extension. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: